The ongoing support for DIRT 5 continues to impress. Following on from the recent Red Bull Revolution update, which added cross-platform multiplayer, new leviers and Playgrounds items, comes the addition of Fanatec wheel support for both PS4 and PS5.
Wheel support was initially added to the game post-release, back in update 2.00, but as of today’s patch, those with both PlayStation and Fanatec hardware will also be able to play DIRT 5. The full list of Fanatec equipment now supported is listed below, and it’s extensive:
- Fanatec CSL Elite Racing Wheel – Officially licensed for PS4™
- Fanatec Podium Racing Wheel F1 – Officially licensed for PS4™
- Fanatec ClubSport Steering Wheel BMW GT2 (Add-on)
- Fanatec ClubSport Steering Wheel Formula (Add-on)
- Fanatec ClubSport Steering Wheel Porsche 918 RSR (Add-on)
- Fanatec ClubSport Steering Wheel Universal Hub (Add-on)
- Fanatec CSL Steering Wheel McLaren GT3 (Add-on)
- Fanatec CSL Steering Wheel P1 PS4 (Add-on)
- Fanatec CSR Elite Pedals (Add-on)
- Fanatec CSL Elite Pedals (Add-on)
- Fanatec ClubSport Pedals V1 (Add-on)
- Fanatec ClubSport Pedals V2 (Add-on)
- Fanatec ClubSport Pedals V3 (Add-on)
- Fanatec ClubSport Pedals V3i (Add-on)
- Fanatec ClubSport Handbrake (Add-on)
- Fanatec ClubSport Shifter (Add-on)
This patch also works to resolve the Trophies I’ll Show Them! I’ll Show Them All! and “Spare Some Change for Gas?”, which have been experiencing some errors.
For those on Xbox or PC and playing the game via Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, last week the ‘Power Your Memes’ pack became available for active subscribers. It includes three exclusive livery designs for the BMW M2 Competition, Sodicars Racing BV6 and Jimco Unlimited Class 1 vehicles, plus an Xbox Series X Fridge for the Playgrounds mode.
We’ll be back soon with the next DIRT 5 update news, with multiple packs on the way for the Year One Upgrade.