Next up on iRacing‘s Special Event calendar for 2023 is one for the NASCAR fans. It’s the longest oval race of the year on both the official iRacing calendar as well as the real-world festivities, from Charlotte Motor Speedway, the iRacing Coke 600, utilizing the three NASCAR NEXT Gen Cup cars, starts this week.
Similar to the iRacing Daytona 500 earlier this year, this Coke 600 will be accessible through the NASCAR iRacing Series official races. There are multiple races to partake in for both the Open Setup and Fixed Setup series. On top of that, if you’ve already been competing in NiS, these results will count towards the official series standings.
With more people expected to sign up due to the Special Event nature, plus the track being one of the included-with-subscription venues, the championship points haul, iRating gain and Safety Rating increase could be massive. 400 laps is a lot, so make sure to plan accordingly. This is not a team race, so no driver swaps!
Sadly, there is no official iRacing Indy 500 to go along with it this year, so for those of us used to doing the virtual double… there’s always a chance it could return next year.
The full details for the special NASCAR event are listed below. Again, this is to be run in the NASCAR iRacing Series, not its own separate series, so check those out to partake.
iRacing Coke 600 INFO (Source: iRacing UI / Forums)
- Dates: 24-29 May (Registration opens 30 minutes prior to the event)
|TIMESLOT #||DATE||TIME (GMT)||TIME (ET)||SETUP|
|2||25-May (Thur) / 24-May (Weds)||01:00 (Thur)||21:00 (Wed)||OPEN|
|4||26-May (Fri) / 25-May (Thur)||01:00 (Fri)||21:00 (Thur)||FIXED|
|5||27-May (Sat) / 26-May (Fri)||01:00 (Sat)||21:00 (Fri)||OPEN|
|9||29-May (Mon) / 28-May (Sun)||01:00 (Mon)||21:00 (Sun)||FIXED|
- Track: Charlotte Motor Speedway – Oval – 2018
- License – D 4.0 Oval
- Sim Date (Time of Day Setting): May 28, 2023
- Sim Start Time (Time of Day Setting): 6:00 PM
- Session settings
- Warmup: 3 Minutes
- Qualifying: Attached & Solo, 5 Minutes for 2 Laps
- Race Length: 400 Laps, 600 Miles
- Weather: Dynamic, 1X time
- Splits By: iRating
- Team Event: NO
- Drive through penalty limit: 17x incidents
- DQ Limit: 25x incidents
- Field Size: Up to 37 cars
- Tire allotment: 13 total sets (12 in pits, 1 on car)
- Cautions: ON
- Overtime attempts: Up to 3
- Lucky Dog / Wave Around: ON
- Start Zone: ON
- NASCAR Cup Series Next Gen Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
- NASCAR Cup Series Next Gen Ford Mustang
- NASCAR Cup Series Next Gen Toyota Camry