The BMW M4 GT3 has been released for RaceRoom Racing Experience alongside a comprehensive GT3 Balance of Performance (BoP) update and force feedback improvements, it has been announced today (24th May 2023).
As we reported last week, KW Studios’ free-to-play racing simulator was set to include the Bavarian manufacturer’s latest GT3 challenger, joining a long list of compatible cars in the sim’s GTR 3 category.
The M4 succeeds the bulky M6 GT3, replacing its monstrous V8 motor with a silky-smooth three-litre straight-six unit. Although subject to strict BoP conditions set by the FIA, SRO and, in the case of the Nürburgring Nordschleife-based NLS championship, the ADAC Nordrhein,* the M4 GT3 is still capable of producing nearly 600bhp with up to 516lb-ft of torque.
First raced in 2022, the M4 GT3 has since been campaigned across the globe, most notably by nine-time MotoGP champion Valentino Rossi whose 2023 Dubai 24 Hours Team WRT livery is one of 19 paint schemes available to purchase.
RaceRoom FFB and GTR 3 BoP updates
Alongside the BMW M4 GT3, RaceRoom has also worked on improving the BoP between all cars in the GTR 3 class, making competition closer. This has been achieved by reworking their power-to-weight ratios, with minor aerodynamic adjustments also tightening up the field.
Force feedback has also been improved, with the FFB Linearity option completely removed as KW Studios strives to upgrade the low-speed feel of all its cars.
The BMW M4 GT3 is available to purchase in RaceRoom now, with a choice of 19 liveries costing £4.33/$5.37 each. A full list of the liveries can be found below. An all-in-one pack costs £7.45/$9.24.
Are you looking forward to trying out the BMW M4 GT3 in RaceRoom? Let us know in the comments below.
BMW M4 GT3 RaceRoom liveries
- BMW Motorsport – #1
- Team WRT – #7
- Paul Miller Racing – #01
- Turner Motorsport – #96
- Team WRT – #46
- Poulsen Motorsport – #14
- Walkenhorst Motorsport – #35
- Turner Motorsport – #95
- BMW Junior Team – #44
- Rowe Racing – #99
- Schubert Motorsport – #020
- Walkenhorst Motorsport – #34
- BMW Motorsport – #50
- Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing – #24
- Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing – #25
- Walkenhorst Motorsport – #035
- Walkenhorst Motorsport – #36
- Turner Motorsport – #096
- Walkenhorst Motorsport – #101
* GT3 racing at the Nordschleife is organised by the Nürburgring Langstrecken (NLS) series, with a custom Balance of Performance (BoP) calculation set by ADAC Nordrhein for the SP9 class (essentially the NLS version of GT3). ADAC Nordrhein is a regional version of Germany’s (and Europe’s) largest automobile association, ADAC, which represents, promotes and advocates motoring and motorsport across the country.