Another update to Hot Wheels Unleashed dropped in recent days, fixing a number of issues and adding a good amount of features to the arcade die cast racing game.
The big update for those looking to collect cars may be in the Limited Offers Shop adjustments. There are only two ways to get cars, either through the blind boxes or through the Limited Offers Shop. With the update, the shop will update every 90 minutes as opposed to four hours, and will feature two more cars to choose from. Common cars will also be featured less.
For the creative bunch, big update here might be in the Track Builder updates. Frustrated creators will now have reasons as to why they cannot place certain items, as well as reminders to keep players informed what needs to be done or validated. This all comes in an added Info Box on screen, so be sure to pay attention when it prompts you.
As for those who were explorative during the initial launch of the game, finding the, well, quickest paths, you may need to rework some strategies moving forward. A number of tracks were updated with added checkpoints and their leaderboards were rightfully reset as a result. Other tracks added options to get back on track if the main section of the racing surface was missed.
Overall, the latest updates bring the game together even more and should make for a more enjoyable experience moving forward. The full patch notes are below. What are you most excited about in this update? Let us know in the comments!
PS4 EU/USA Version 01.04
PS5 EU/USA Version 01.005
Xone/XSX Version 22.214.171.124
1. Fixed AI difficulty being inconsistent on all levels.
Due to a bug, the AI behavior and performance on all tracks suffered from unpredictability, causing spikes in the challenge on all difficulty levels.
1. Added some checkpoints to the tracks previously lacking them.
We added a checkpoint to some tracks where it was possible to skip the entire course. Due to this change we also had to reset the leaderboards of these affected track:
Skatepark 1 – College 8 – Garage 1 – Garage 2 – Skyscraper 2
2. Modified some track layouts to make it easier to come back on the track after a jump or a track section on the environment.
We slightly modified some portions of the track, adding ramps on the sides of some connection points. Affected tracks are:
Skatepark 2 – Skatepark 6 – College 6 – Basement 1 – Basement 3 – Garage 3 – Garage 5 – Skyscraper 1 – Skyscraper 5 – Skyscraper 6
1. Improved user experience with the Limited Offers Shop.
We increased the number of available vehicles from 5 to 7. Also the time needed to refresh it has been shortened from 4 h to 1:30 h. Moreover, we slightly reduced the chances to find common cars in this shop.
You will find these changes the next time the Limited Offers Shop will refresh for your game.
1. Tuned music pitch during boost.
The pitch sound effect on the background music was activated every time the vehicle was boosting. Now we limited it to times when the vehicle hits a booster placed on the track.
2. Fixed the randomization of the special SFX of the boost for the following vehicles:
Time Machine – K.I.T.T.
1. Added an info box to the Track Builder with addition useful information.
We added some texts with useful information appearing in several circumstances, mostly to inform the players when an operation is not available (for example, trying to place an interactive object on a special piece or trying to add mode modules when the construction limit is reached) or to remind them something important (for example, to confirm the modification on a module after editing it or to validate the track after finishing it).
2. Changed the default navigation speed to x3 in Track Builder.
3. Added a visual feedback on the selected track customization in Track Builder.
We added a small check mark to give the players an indication of which customization is actually used for the track modules.
1. Added customization options for some Basement furniture.
Now the players can customize also the following furniture:
Kitchen: chairs – Kitchen: table – Kitchen: fridge – Living room: pool table cloth
2. Added the name of the customization items in use while viewing the basement of another user.
Now the players can check the names of each customization used by the others while looking at their basement, making it easier to replicate a particular setup in their own basement.
1. Added lighting effects to the boost flames (not available on Nintendo Switch).
Other UI / UX :
1. Added an “Environment” filter to the Community Track selection page.
2. Fixed default focus after opening a Blind Box.
The focus of the button doesn’t move anymore, making it easier to open several boxes in a row.
3. Removed the “on hold” button to some pages where it was not necessary.
Affected pages are:
First boot: game options – First boot: audio and image options – Shop: Blind Box opening – Hot Wheels City Rumble: exiting
4. Added a black background to the online timer.
5. Added another warning dialog to the Unpair profile functionality.
Using this function will delete the player profile on our servers, causing loss of any related content, including UGC, game progression, statistics. We strongly recommend to not use this function unless you have a very good reason. If in doubt, please contact our customer support before attempting this procedure.
1. Numerous bug fixes and stability improvements.
PC Version only:
1. Added DLSS support for RTX Nvidia graphic cards.
Images thanks to Milestone