A developer statement has clarified MX vs ATV Legends future, with live support expected for the foreseeable future as a new update lands.
After a rocky start, Rainbow Studios appears to be committed to MX vs ATV Legends, the off-road racing game now receiving a v1.08 update.
Unlike the recent v1.07, this is now live across PC, PlayStation and Xbox at the same time.
During our review, we noted that the handling of the motorcycles and how the vehicles interact with the surface didn’t provide the appropriate feedback in our opinion. Work continues in this regard, with the latest update said to reduce the number of bounces that can happen when landing hard and bottoming out plus revise the deformation feedback to improve the behaviour in ruts.
On paper, that seems like the prior priority, we’ll hopefully try the improvement soon.
In addition, gearchanges when going up or downhill are said to have ‘improved logic’, hopefully preventing a loss of momentum, and those who would like to use manual gears have more control options.
The game did feature a litany of small, inconsistent bugs, such as certain music tracks cutting in and out , strange AI behaviour and out-of-place visual effects. The patch notes include fixes for several of these.
However, more importantly, the team has issued a statement with regards to ongoing development that hopefully leads to the resolutions required. Let’s hope the feedback is taken on board. What would you like to see? Let us know in the comments below.
MX vs ATV Legends v1.08 update changelog
Control Settings Menu
- Additional button configurations for manual and automatic transmission settings
- Includes configurations with shifting on buttons instead of just sticks
2022 AMA Pro Motocross Championship
- 2022 Loretta Lynn’s Amateur National unlocked
- Online Playlist for 2022 AMA Pro Motocross Championship
- DLC support for dedicated servers & online playlists
- Freeride Trails online playlist
Menus and HUD
- HUD hides during end-of-race sequence
- Speedometer is displayed during gate drop sequence
- Fix for camera glitching/jittering in Pause menus when navigating or moving the camera
- Improved lighting and visual detail in the Pause menus
Vehicles and Physics
- Improved automatic shifting logic to prevent random loss of momentum due to the automatic clutch not working properly
- Improved automatic shifting logic when down-shifting to keep the engine in a better RPM range per-gear
- Improved suspension to reduce the amount of bounces that can happen when landing hard and bottoming-out
- Improved wreck-avoidance and wreck triggers so they are more consistent across all MX bikes
- Increased overall traction to make hitting ruts and turning sharp easier and more rewarding
- Increased deformation physics feedback to improve the behavior in ruts and elsewhere
- Fix for missing VFX on ATV & UTV in some cases
- Improved look of roost/dust
Environments and Terrain
- Fix for rendering issue with jumbotrons in some stadiums
- Fix for trails flags/banners/signage not being the correct color in several cases
- Fix for floating assets under some progression scenarios in the Compound
- Fixed issue with terrain deformation not working in some maps
- Improvement to terrain deformation behavior & rate, especially in Supercross
- General improvements/bug fixes
- Updated music tracks in-game
- Fixes to music player for more consistent volume and quality
- Updated 250R engine sound
- Improvements to Drive-On sound
- More AI Pro Riders added
- Loading times improved
- Fix for team members being unavailable/not interactable and blocking career progress
- Fix for common crash when loading into events in Vallis desert map
- Various other small bugs
Source: MX vs ATV Legends