Part of the real-world 2021 FIM Motocross World Championship for the very first time, where Jeffrey Herlings won the round, the French venue was notable only by its absence upon the launch of MXGP 2021 in November.
The Mantova circuit was also missing but was added in December, so now every 2021 venue is available to race in the game across all game modes, including career.
In addition to Lacapelle-Marival, the Track Editor now features an additional location, imaginatively titled ‘Hill’. This is now the sixth backdrop for your customised tracks. KTM rider Alessandro Lupino is now also present in the game.
There’s a suite of additional fixes too, which we’ve listed in the changelog below. It’s available now for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, PC, Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S. Let us know in the comments below if you’ve tried the new content.
MXGP 2021 January 2022 update changelog
- Added Lacapelle-Marival track on all offline and online game modes. It is also playable in career.
- Added Hill map to Track Editor. Create unique tracks on this new map and share it worldwide
- Added filter tracks by name in all game modes. Now is more simple to find that amazing track you love.
- Added Alessandro Lupino to official riders.
- AFK players online will be ghosted if they not race for N seconds.
- Time to load a bike setting was too short? We have added more time to bike settings phase during online
- Fixed a bug that switches your bike with the one used during a duel or a challenge, in career game mode.
- Fixed a bug on online timer to reach the finish line. With this fix now you have 30 seconds to cross the finish line after the player in first position has endend the race.
- Minor fixes