On Thursday (13th April), Saber Interactive released their latest patch for Dakar Desert Rally. Alongside that, Saber also unveiled their latest new content for the title in the Classic Vehicle Pack #1 DLC.
NEW CLASSIC VEHICLES
Included in the pack are two classic Paris-Dakar rally vehicles, both from 1986. Included in the patch are some additional features and fixes for all players, not just DLC owners.
The big truck in the pack is the 1986 Tatra 815, a 6-wheel truck that competed in that 1986 Paris-Dakar Rally. Also from that event is the second vehicle, the 1986 Porsche 959, a racing vehicle with multiple motorsports variants as it also competed in the 24 Hours of Le Mans – in the same year.
Gran Turismo 7 actually also just got this same car, but in road form, in one of their latest updates. Hey, if you’ve got both games, you can do your best René Metge impression and go win in this car in both games…
The Classic Vehicles Pack #1 was the next scheduled DLC per the updated road map that was unveiled with the SnowRunner Trucks DLC back in February.
Of course, this is still a victim of the Dakar game’s developmental delays as this pack was originally slated to release in 2022 per the original road map.
In the patch, there are some generalized sentences about performance and quality updates, which are great, but under New Features, it also states that there are New Language Pack for navigator pacenotes. Italian, German, Portuguese (the developers at Saber Porto are based in Portugal) and Portuguese-Brazilian are now included.
Also, if you are playing on PlayStation 5, two trophies (“We all stand together” and “Sheikh’en not stirred”) are now obtainable. Check out the rest of the patch notes from Saber Support below.
The Classic Vehicles Pack #1 is available now for $9.99 on all platforms separately, or it is available to download now for those with the Season Pass or who purchased the Deluxe edition of the title.
SOURCE: Saber Interactive
Dakar Desert Rally – April 13, 2023 – Patch 1.9 Notes
Classics Vehicle Pack #1
- Paris-Dakar classics arrive to Dakar Desert Rally!
- Get ready for the new off-road rally experience with the classic champions from Paris-Dakar 1986!
- Porsche 959 (1986):
Drive the powerful all-wheel-drive Porsche 959, as René Metge + Dominique Lemoyne and Jacky Ickx + Claude Brasseur did in the 1986 Paris-Dakar Rally!
- Tatra 815 (1986):
Experience the amazing 6-wheel Tatra 815, with Karel Loprais, Krpec, and Stachura as in the original Paris-Dakar Rally.
- Porsche 959 (1986):
- Performance Improvements:
- Improved overall framerate performance and stability across all platforms.
- Performance mode added to Xbox One X and Xbox Series S.
- Quality improvements:
- Multiple visual improvements and tweaks, including headlight shadows, increased terrain texture resolution, improved cockpit mirror quality on next-gen consoles and PC, enhanced shadow quality and resolution scaling on consoles.
- New Language Packs: This includes voice-overs for the following languages:
- Fuel consumption has been adjusted in Trucks to give them a wider range of travel.
- Resolved the issue of crashing in the garage.
- Resolved issues with cloud save issues.
- Improved Steering Wheel Wizard’s compatibility for brands without official support.
- Trophies “We all stand together” and “Sheikh’en not stirred” can now be unlocked.