The latest update for Gran Turismo 7 is now live on both PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5. It includes new content, of course, but a 25th Anniversary celebration, an in-game esports quiz and at least two major quality-of-life enhancements.
This, then, is everything you need to know about this pivotal patch.
What is Gran Turismo 7 version 1.26?
The version 1.26 update for Gran Turismo 7 is a significant game update released 24th November 2022. The patch adds regular monthly content, but also simultaneously celebrates the game series’ 25th Anniversary and the esports World Series World Finals.
It weighs in at 2.543 GB on PS4 and 3.096 GB on PS5.
You can now sell cars
A much-requested feature and something Polyphony Digital confirmed as in-development way back in March of this year, the Car Valuation Service will allow you to sell cars from your garage.
In true Gran Turismo fashion, it’s more detailed than originally anticipated.
Just like in the real world, your cars will depreciate, and the valuation is based on the overall condition, mileage and tuning modifications.
Hence, the in-game equivalent of We Buy Any Car, which is accessible from within the Used Car pavilion.
The feature, which can only be used if you’ve completed Café Menu Book 39, will highlight which cars you have duplicates of, alongside price fluctuations based on wear and tear, alongside market trends.
You can only sell one of each specific car model every 24 hours, however, cars you have won in-game can be sold. Any wheel, paint, custom parts, racing parts and ‘other’ parts will be returned to you in your parts collection for future use.
Two limited-time 25th Anniversary World Finals races
Fancy earning two million credits? Two special single-player races have been added within a special 25th Anniversary tab on the World Map.
Here, there is a Manufacturers Cup and a Nations Cup race, with 1 million credits up for grabs within each. The format apes two of the races in this weekend’s upcoming World Series Grand Finals esports event from Monaco
- Manufacturers Cup – Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps – Gr.3 – 10 laps
- Nations Cup – Willow Springs International Raceway – Suzuki V6 Escudo Pikes Peak Special ‘98 – Seven laps
Each will only be live for 40 days from today (24th November).
Michelin Raceway Road Atlanta
A new circuit has been added with this update, Georgia’s Michelin Raceway Road Atlanta. The real-world licenced venue joins Watkins Glen as post-release USA-based tracks expanding the roster.
MRRA is known for a flowing, downhill, opening sector and a long kinked straight that culminates in a 90-degree lefthander – ideal for overtaking.
Much like the other North American venues, the incredible dynamic weather system is missing sadly, but the time of day changes are present.
Making its series debut, Road Atlanta expands the track list for single-player and online races. It also means a new Circuit Experience is present, with the opportunity to collect over 1 million in-game credits, alongside three new World Circuits single-player races.
New Circuit Experience
- Michelin Raceway Road Atlanta – All Bronze 200,000 credits, All Gold 1,000,000 credits
New World Circuit events
- Race of Turbo Sportscars – United States cars, FR, no PP limit – Three laps – Maximum reward 37,000 credits
- American FR Challenge 550 – 700pp or less turbocharged cars – Five laps – Maximum reward 63,000 credits
- Gr.1 Prototype Series – Gr.1 cars, 950pp or less cars – 30-minutes – Maximum reward 320,000 credits
Qualifying for online lobbies
Arguably something that should have been there from launch, online multiplayer lobby hosts can now set up a qualifying session.
Possible in GT Sport, and now present in Gran Turismo 7, when creating a lobby both Practice/Qualifier/Race and Practice/Qualifier/Endurance Race options are available.
The host will control when the qualifying session begins, and thus practice ends, within the pause menu or lobby menu, but then when qualifying starts the game will start the race automatically once qualifying is complete.
There is now a set of five qualifying options in the lobby menu. You can set the length of the session, how long after the time has expired drivers have to complete their laps, tyre wear, fuel usage and initial fuel level.
Before today’s feature update, a practice session could be used to determine grid order.
Four new cars
Yes, there are three all-new cars to Gran Turismo 7, but there’s also a special variation of an existing model to collect too.
Starting with the new additions:
- BMW M2 Competition ’18 – Brand Central – 548.30 PP – 91,000 credits
- Ford Sierra RS 500 Cosworth ’87 – Used Cars – 468.10 PP – 200,000 credits
- Nissan Silvia K’s Aero (S14) ’96 – Used Cars – 476.26 PP – 60,000 credits
It’s surprising the Ford isn’t within the Legend Cars pavilion, but its price perhaps doesn’t quite reach the threshold. In the real world, this homologation special is extremely collectable.
Now, the fourth car. Pay attention here, it’s only available to collect for a limited period. Much like the aforementioned World Finals single-player races, simply enter the ‘Gran Turismo 25th Anniversary’ banner on the World Map, and it will trigger a sequence where you receive the following:
- Gran Turismo Red Bull X2019 25th Anniversary – 971.27 PP
It’s the existing prototype race car created by Red Bull Racing but in a 25th Anniversary livery.
Viewers Gift Campaign
A new option at the top right of the World Map, each day of the upcoming racing esports event – the Gran Turismo World Finals – will see a quiz pertaining to the action in-game.
Answer correctly, and win prizes. It starts with a potential 1 million in-game credits and ends with the new Ferrari Vision Gran Turismo car.
- TOYOTA GAZOO Racing GT Cup – 24th-25th November – 1,000,000 Credits
- Nations Cup Regional Finals – 25th-26th November – Six-star roulette ticket (parts)
- Manufacturers Cup Final – 26th-27th November – Six-star roulette ticket (engine)
- Nations Cup Grand Final – 27th November-4th December – Ferrari Vision Gran Turismo
It’s a unique way of incentivising players to watch the World Finals, broadcast live from Monaco on the Gran Turismo TV YouTube channel.
Increased Sport Mode race payouts
Again, for a limited time, the number of in-game credits you receive for competing in a ranked online Sport Mode race has dramatically increased.
For example, a new Daily Race A has been implemented, running from 24th-28th November. As is the trend with the entry-level Sport Mode race, your ranking will not be affected, but the Gr.3 race around Deep Forest Reverse will now pay 400 per cent more than a regular Race A.
There will be three special, high-paying, Sport Mode Race A event over the coming days, each themed to match World Finals races:
- Race 1: Manufacturers Cup – Race 1 (Gr.3 | Deep Forest Reverse) – 24th-28th November
- Race 2: Nations Cup – EMEA Regional Final (Lamborghini V12 VGT | Monza Circuit) – 28th November – 2nd December
- Race 3: Nations Cup – Americas Regional Final (McLaren MP4/4 | Interlagos Circuit) – 2nd-5th December
There’s also a brand-new Sport Mode Time Trial event, again representing a World Finals event, using the Suzuki V6 Escudo Pikes Peak Special around Willow Springs International Raceway.
A raft of smaller additions plus full changelog
Of the lesser additions and improvements, two new Scapes photography locations have been added – Road Atlanta’ and ‘Illumination’ – the main World Map now has celebrator lighting, the Bonus Campaign returns where you can predict the esports World Finals winners for potential in-game credits and you will be able to watch each upcoming live race via a new tab on the World Map.
Alongside the Road Atlanta World Circuits events, two more have been added at different locations:
- Brands Hatch – European FR Challenge 550 – European road cars, no PP limit, three laps – Maximum reward 40,000 credits
- Willow Springs Raceway – Historic Sports Car Masters – 1989 or earlier 580 PP or less road cars, five laps – Maximum reward 70,000 credits
Two Café Extra Menus have also been added, where you collect cars to unlock a prize:
EXTRA MENU NO. 12: Renault
Collector Level 31 and above
- Renault R8 Gordini ‘66
- Renault R5 Turbo ‘80
- Renault Sport Clio V6 24V ‘00
Prize: Six-star Roulette Ticket (Parts)
Collector Level 31 and above
- Nissan Skyline Hard Top 2000GT-R (KPGC10) ‘70
- Nissan Skyline 2000GT-R (KPGC110) ‘73
- Nissan Skyline GT-R V-spec II (R32) ‘94
Prize: Six-star Roulette Ticket (Engine)
The full changelog is detailed below in what is the most extensive update for Gran Turismo 7 so far.
Main Features Implemented
- The following four new cars have been added:
・BMW M2 Competition ’18
・Ford Sierra RS 500 Cosworth ’87 (Purchasable at ‘Used Cars’);
・Nissan Silvia K’s Aero (S14) ’96 (Purchasable at ‘Used Cars’);
・Gran Turismo Red Bull X2019 25th Anniversary (Obtainable from the ‘Gran Turismo 25th Anniversary’ banner at the top right of the World Map between 24 November and 3 January;)
- The ‘Michelin Raceway Road Atlanta’ race track has been added.
3. World Map
- A number of events and a special themed map have been added to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the Gran Turismo series. Please check the “Announcing the ‘Gran Turismo 25th Anniversary’ and ‘World Finals’ Celebration Campaigns!” article for further details.
4. Brand Central
- New Museum section for ‘DS Automobiles’ has been added for Europe (France.)
5. Used Cars
- The new ‘Car Valuation Service’ feature has been added. Please check the ‘Car Valuation Service‘ section of the online manual for more details. The ‘Car Valuation Service’ will appear after clearing Menu Book No. 39 (‘Championship: World GT Series’) and having watched the ending.
- The following two Extra Menus have been added:
・Extra Menu No. 12: ‘Collection: Renault’ (Collector Level 31 and above);
・Extra Menu No. 13: ‘Collection: Nissan Skyline GT-R’ (Collector Level 40 and above);
The new Extra Menus will appear after clearing Menu Book No. 39 (‘Championship: World GT Series’) and having watched the ending.
7. World Circuits
- The following new events have been added to ‘World Circuits’:
・Michelin Raceway Road Atlanta
- Race of Turbo Sportscars
- American FR Challenge 550
- Gr.1 Prototype Series
- European FR Challenge 550
・Willow Springs Raceway
- Historic Sports Car Masters
- The ‘Road Atlanta’ and ‘Illumination’ locations have been added as featured Curations in Scapes.
9. GT Auto
- 23 new paint colours have been added to the Real Car Paint section of the Paint Shop.
- Qualifying and Grid Start features have been added to Lobby.
- A new ‘Popular Users’ category has been added to the Discover section;
- A list of players who have ‘Liked’ or ‘Reposted’ a User Generated Content can now be displayed in said content’s details section;
- Christmas songs have been added to the music track list.
- It is now possible to calibrate a handbrake controller under [Options] > [Controller] > [Steering Controller Settings].
- It is now possible to set race functions for the push button dials on the THRUSTMASTER® T-GT by selecting ‘Other Buttons’ on the bottom left of the [Controller] > [Steering Controller Settings] screen.
- It is now possible to set race functions for the control stick buttons on the Fanatec® GT DD Pro by selecting ‘Other Buttons’ on the bottom left of the [Controller] > [Steering Controller Settings] screen.
Other Improvements and Adjustments
1. Physics Simulation Model
- Adjusted the initial downforce values for the following cars:
・Super Formula Dallara SF19 Super Formula / Honda ’19
・Super Formula Dallara SF19 Super Formula / Toyota ’19
2. Race Screen
- Fixed an issue wherein setting ‘Show Race Info’ to ‘Off’ in ‘Display Settings’ would cause options such as tyre menus to not display on pit-in.
- The ‘Content Type’ function has been changed from a dropdown menu to buttons. This also applies to the gallery function on ‘My Page.’
4. Penalty Line
- The location of the Penalty Line has been adjusted for the following tracks:
・Deep Forest Raceway – Reverse
・Trial Mountain Circuit – Reverse
5. Braking Areas
- The braking areas on Trial Mountain have been adjusted.
- Fixed an issue wherein rain sound effects would not play properly on replays;
- Adjusted the engine sounds for certain vehicles.
- Fixed various text localisation issues.
Changelog source: Gran Turismo