The Steam Deck is pitched as a portable PC, so we explain its Steam Deck Verified game category and list all of its verified racing games.
What is the Steam Deck?
The Steam Deck has been pitched as an all-in-one portable gaming PC, developed and built by Valve. Naturally, the console supports Valve’s very own Steam digital storefront, with access to thousands of games.
However, only a relatively small number of Steam games are classed as ‘Steam Deck Verified’ at the moment, thereby guaranteeing full compatibility with the system.
How much is the Steam Deck?
The Steam Deck has three price points based on the amount and type of storage installed on the system. The entry-level model only has 64GB of storage and uses slower eMMC flash-based memory compared to the more expensive 256GB and 512GB models.
Steam Deck 64GB $399/£349/419€
- 64GB eMMC internal storage
Steam Deck 256GB $529/£459/549€
- 256GB NVMe SSD internal storage
Steam Deck 512GB $649/£569/679€
- 512GB NVMe SSD internal storage
What does Steam Deck Verified mean?
Steam Deck Verified is the term used to describe a game that has been fully checked for compatibility with the Steam Deck, based on input, display, performance and seamlessness criteria. The checks are performed by Steam employees and the list of Verified games is regularly updated.
What other categories of compatibility are there for Steam Deck games?
There are three other categories to denote a game’s compatibility with the Steam Deck, and these are:
- Playable – these games are playable on Steam Deck but will likely require more effort to set up and configure correctly.
- Unsupported – games denoted as unsupported have been tested and found to be unplayable on the Steam Deck. For example, VR games.
- Unknown – games marked as unknown simply haven’t been checked yet. They may work perfectly or they may not work at all. The number of games in the Unknown category should decrease over time as Steam checks through their back catalogue.
How do I find out if a game is Steam Deck Verified?
You can check if a game is Steam Deck Verified by heading to that game’s Steam Store page. Scrolling down, you will see its Steam Deck status.
Also, browsing the Steam Store on the Steam Deck will bring up a ‘Great on Deck’ menu (also available on the PC version as a search category), showing only games that are Steam Deck Verified.
When browsing the Steam Store on the Steam Deck, compatibility is shown clearly: a green tick below the game name means it has been Verified; a yellow exclamation mark means Playable; a grey no entry sign means Unplayable and a grey question mark means Unknown.
Complete list of Steam Deck Verified racing games
- 80’s Overdrive
- art of Rally
- Automobilista 2
- Bang Bang Racing
- Barro 2020
- Barro F
- Buck Up And Drive
- Buggy Game
- Car Mechanic Simulator 2021
- CarX Drift Racing Online
- Circuit Superstars
- Crash Drive 3
- Crazy Taxi
- DIRT 4
- DIRT 5
- DiRT Rally
- DiRT Rally 2.0
- Euro Truck Simulator 2
- F1 2020
- Formula Retro Racing
- Flatout 4: Total Insanity
- Gas Station Simulator
- Horizon Chase Turbo
- Hot Wheels Unleashed
- Inertial Drift
- Mad Tracks
- Mantis Burn Racing
- Micro Machines World Series
- Minit Fun Racer
- Mini Metro
- Monster Energy Supercross – The Official Videogame 2
- Monster Energy Supercross – The Official Videogame 3
- MXGP 2019 – The Official Motocross Videogame
- MXGP 2020 – The Official Motocross Videogame
- NASCAR ‘15 Victory Edition
- NASCAR Heat 3
- Nickelodeon Kart Racers 2: Grand Prix
- Offroad Mania
- Project CARS 3
- Redout: Enhanced Edition
- Rekt! High Octane Stunts
- Ride 3
- Ride 4
- Riptide GP: Renegade
- Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed Collection
- Super Street: The Game
- Touring Karts
- Toybox Turbos
- Trials Fusion
Information and prices correct as of 23/8/2022