On this episode of the Traxion.GG Podcast, we’re at the World Finals of the Gran Turismo World Series from Monaco. This is the title-deciding esports event for the world’s quickest Gran Turismo drivers.
The weekend incorporated the TOYOTA GAZOO Racing GT Cup Grand Final, the Manufacturers Cup final and the Nations Cup final – the one that effectively determines the overall world champion driver.
It also included the launch of a brand new Ferrari Vision Gran Turismo car, an opportunity to speak to the game’s producer Kazunori Yamauchi and meet the Gran Turismo community.
We discuss PSVR 2, the Vision Gran Turismo projects, the current state of Gran Turismo 7 online, the drivers’ performances, the FIA relationship and what makes them want to compete in the World Series.
Joining us on this episode are:
- Kazunori Yamauchi, alongside Translator-san
- Flavio Manzoni, Ferrari Design Director
- Steve Alvarez Brown aka Super GT
- Kylian Drumont, Manufacturers Cup Champion 2022
- Daniel Solis, Manufacturers Cup Champion 2022 and 2020
- Nikita Moysov, Manufacturers Cup Vice-Champion 2022
- Igora Fraga, TOYOTA GAZOO Racing GT Cup champion 2022 (plus Nations Cup 2018, Manufacturers Cup 2019, 2021)
- Will Murdoch, TOYOTA GAZOO Racing GT Cup 2022 finalist
Full disclosure, Sony paid for travel and accommodation. The upcoming guests were all recorded during a busy event with a handheld microphone.
Don’t forget you can email [email protected] if you have any questions about sim racing cockpits you’d like us to answer.
If you’d like to hear more episodes like this one, please follow, like and subscribe on your podcast app of choice. If you enjoyed this episode, please leave a comment on the Traxion.GG website or a review. Your feedback is invaluable and helps us to create more episodes in the future.
Listen and subscribe via Apple Podcasts
Listen and follow via Spotify
Listen and subscribe via Google Podcasts
Listen and subscribe via Pocket Casts
Listen and subscribe via Podcast Addict
Listen and favourite via TuneIn
Listen and follow via Amazon Music
Listen and follow via Stitcher