A new version of Lime Rock Park is now available for rFactor 2 players.
The 1.5 mile / 2.462 km road course in Salisbury, Connecticut has received a graphical overhaul for the first time since 2013.
Lime Rock Park is one of the most stunning tracks in existence when it comes to the scenery around the venue, and with the “Physically Based Rendering”, or PBR, updates to the course, this finished product is absolute eye-candy.
Don’t let the short length fool you, this is a challenging track, with some high speed corners, a significant undulation and, at times, a narrow track width.
Here’s what was done exactly to the track in the update, which applies to all four layouts.
Lime Rock Park v3.00 Release Notes
- Full update of the track to latest PBR materials
- Updated trackside vehicles, marshals, crowds and more
- Reworked Paddock Area
- Added New Pit Lane objects
- Clearer Directions out of Pit Lane
- Improved night lighting
- Reviewed TDF parameters for road and grass surfaces
- Improved AI Fast Lines on all layouts
- Reviewed Cut Detection
- Fixed several collision issues and gaps
- Fixed marshals clipping into camera
- Added no rain zones under bridges
- Fixed scoreboard not working on several layouts
- Fixed various Loading issues
- Fixed a few floating objects
- Adjusted file naming so that it does not clash with previous versions
The free update is available now available via Steam and dramatically enhances the track representation which last saw a significant update back in 2014.