Chief of which is the ability to race as your own team in Grand Prix mode. Previously, after creating your own squad name and colours, you could only use them in the My Team managerial mode – plus taking your customised livery design online.
Now, you can drive as a fictional 11th team in a single-player race, or Grand Prix mode in F1 2021 game parlance.
You’ll be able to select a teammate from the F1 2020 and 2021 grids too, but except for Mick Schumacher, Nikita Mazepin and Yuki Tsunoda – because, rather obviously, they are on the F1 grid already.
A bevy of new icons have been added to the game pertaining to online performance too. A ‘connectivity issues’ icon will appear should you become connected to fewer than 67 per cent of players.
Similarly, ‘Low Bandwidth’ and ‘Host Bandwidth’ warnings shall also appear if internet connections are below set thresholds. At least now players will have additional context as to why some instabilities may be happening during the peer-to-peer multiplayer system.
Formula 2 tweaks
Patch 1.15 also refines the recently added F2 content, with position indicators, Race 3 points, qualifying positions and voice-over lines now rectified. The correct F2 champion will now also be declared at the end of a season.
We’ve included the full patch notes below, including a new pitlane speed limit for Zandvoort. Let us know in the comments if you’re looking forward to trying this latest update and don’t forget our online multiplayer guide.
F1 2021 game update 1.15 changelog
- Custom team can now be used within Grand Prix
- Network warning indicators have been added to multiplayer games
- Addressed an issue where players could get stuck in the garage after retiring during a practice or qualifying session
- Addressed an issue where players could not connect to online sessions on particular accounts
- Adjusted AI on the following tracks and corners to reduce overall speed:
- Austria – Red Bull Ring: Turn 9
- Belgium – Spa-Francorchamps: Turn 10
- Netherlands – Zandvoort: Turn 7
- Addressed an issue where Force Feedback would be lost after using Quick Resume on console
- Addressed an issue where penalties could be incorrectly given on Jeddah pit entry or exit
- F2 qualifying positions will now be correctly carried forward into race sessions
- Race 3 points will now correctly be shown on the race results screen for F2™ 2021
- Addressed an issue where the F2 Champion could incorrectly be declared after the final feature race in career
- Addressed an issue where VO lines for Fittipaldi were using the incorrect lines
- Adjusted speed limit for Zandvoort pit lane to match the official season
- Position indicator is now correctly displayed in the second sprint race of an F2™ 2021 session
- General stability improvements
- Various minor fixes