EA Sports and Codemasters have just announced an immediate update to F1 2021 across PC, PlayStation and Xbox, adding the 2021 F2 season plus several bug fixes and improvements.
Fresh off the back of their recent Jeddah Corniche Circuit update, the latest release brings all the FIA Formula 2 Championship’s drivers, teams and liveries to the game, as well as the new for 2021 qualifying and race system.
Players mimicking the 2021 season use qualifying to determine their grid positions for the Feature race, with the top 10 reversed to fix the grid for the first Sprint race.
The top finishers of the first race are then reversed to provide the grid for the second Sprint race. The F2 2020 season retains its own format in-game, with a single Sprint and Feature race.
The update is available now, so you can try to emulate last season’s F2 champion, Mick Schumacher, ahead of the Abu Dhabi finale this weekend.
Update 1.14 changelog:
- F2™ 2021 season has been added
- Addressed an issue with a lack of force feedback on Logitech G923 wheels for PC players
- Fixed an issue where team badge and sponsors would not appear on the player’s helmet
- Reduced time between stops when a team is double stacking cars in the pits
- Adjusted track limits at turns 1 and 14 on Portimao
- F2™ 2020 Sprint race will now correctly use the results from the feature race if a custom grid is used
- Addressed an issue where Imola was using the incorrect garages for the player car
- General stability improvements
- Various minor fixes
What do you think of the new F2 2021 update? Who can stop title-favourite Oscar Piastri from claiming the F2 crown this weekend? Let us know in the comments below.