It’s time for yet another F1 2021 game patch, with Codemasters firing out regular updates to address issues flagged by the community.
Patch 1.07 is out today on PlayStation, Xbox and PC with a host of tweaks across all three platforms.
With its brief removal in Patch 1.06, 3D audio thankfully makes a return to the PS5 version of the game, following the return of ray tracing in 1.05 and revised DualSense feedback in 1.06.
For those playing on Xbox who were not able to join online races thanks to the WS10004 error, this has now been resolved.
Meanwhile, on PC, those with a snazzy ultrawide screen will no longer see a change in-game resolution when viewing a highlight or replay. A whole host of UDP changes have also been implemented.
Across all platforms, further difficulty balancing has taken place across several of the Braking Point chapters, a ‘Very Short’ race length option has been added to the session length filter in online social play, the incorrect positions are no longer awarded after an hour-long F2 race and the issues where players could start a lap ahead at certain tracks no longer exists.
There’s the full list in the changelog below. We’ll keep you updated on further updates for the game, whether that is refinements, changes to the in-game performance of the three new tracks due post-release.
F1 2021 Game Patch 1.07 Changelog
- Addressed an issue where Xbox users could fail to join an online session with error WS10004
- Re-enabled 3D audio for PS5 headsets and addressed the underlying issue
- F2 races that finish due to the 1-hour time limit no longer result in the incorrect positions being awarded
- Fixed an issue where driver stats were reset to baseline stats and not taking upgrades into consideration
- Addressed an issue where players could start a lap ahead at certain tracks
- Distort sponsor will now correctly pay out the sponsor bonus after achieving the goals
- Driver name filters have been updated for career
- Addressed an issue where audio could drop out during an extended play period
- The vehicle halo will no longer have low shadow resolution
- Fanatec advanced paddle module top paddles will now be correctly recognised
- Addressed an issue with saturated characters in the background of meet the press sequences with HDR enabled
- Closing the game during the season transition in MyTeam no longer results in the user having no team name, engine supplier or sponsor
- Viewing a highlight or replay after a race no longer causes game resolution to change on ultrawide screens
- Addressed an issue where users could have negative resource points
- DRS Beep audio level has been increased
- AI will no longer overtake the safety car when it is ending
- Collision setting will now be retained if changed between sessions
- Addressed an issue where the ERS deploy setting could display “To Do”
- UDP: m_resultStatus no longer shows as active after the race has finished
- UDP: Correct number of laps now shown in final classification
- UDP: Session history information from previous session is no longer sent following a restart
- UDP: LapHistoryData will now be correctly sent for an active car following a retirement
- On-Demand leagues can now turn AI reserves off
- Very Short has been added to the session length filter in social play
- Ability to hide the menu when customising camera settings has been re-added
- Added quality options and sharpening slider for DLSS
- Rebalanced chapters 3, 5, 9 and 12 on Challenging difficulty in Braking Point
- Rebalanced chapters 3, 5 and 12 on Hard difficulty in Braking Point
- General stability improvements
- Various minor fixes