A new patch has been released for PC and PlayStation players of the F1 2021 game, with an Xbox rollout due soon. Patch 1.06 addresses several known issues and refines a few crucial areas.
One thing we noticed during our current My Team career is that when using the Quick Practice function, components would wear out extremely quickly, resulting in a host of grid penalties later in the season. This has now, thankfully, been resolved.
The curious effect of F2 VFX being seen by other drivers during one-shot qualifying has also been rectified – previously, you would see the flames from your rival’s exhaust floating in front of you, which was rather spooky.
We were also hunting all the Trophies/Achievements recently and it transpired that not a single player had been able to snag the one for completing a League event – but now you can be rewarded, thankfully.
Other key changes include the MFD now appearing after receiving minor damage, the track surface appearing correctly for player two in split-screen during a wet race and a rebalancing of Braking Point when on the Normal difficulty setting.
3D audio has been temporarily removed from the PS5 version, we hope this returns before the next PS5 firmware arrives, allowing 3D audio through TV speakers and not just headphones. Recently, we published our list of best racing games to play with the DualSense, and singled out F1 2021 for not being as responsive as we hoped, but Patch 1.06 does tweak the feedback slightly.
For PC players, various crashes and Thrustastmaser-related issues are said to be resolved, and Xbox online connectivity and audio issues should also be fixed once the patch is rolled out.
If you’d like to have a detailed breakdown, the full changelog is listed below.
F1 2021 game patch 1.06 changelog
- Addressed an issue where there could be no force feedback on Thrustmaster wheels if task manager was open in the background in Windowed mode.
- Addressed an issue where force feedback would not be active on Thrustmaster wheels when launching from a desktop shortcut.
- Audio will no longer stutter when connecting an official Xbox headset into the controller.
- Quick Practice will no longer cause excessive wear to components.
- Addressed various issues with online session connectivity on Xbox.
- Addressed high GPU usage on loading screens during Braking Point.
- Ghosting is now set to on in Ranked sessions.
- “League Racer” achievement/trophy can now be correctly unlocked.
- MFD will now pop-up after receiving minor damage.
- UDP: LapHistoryDate will now be correctly sent for an active car after another has retired.
- Addressed a potential crash while using photo mode.
- Addressed a potential crash during broadcast sequences.
- Track surface will now appear correctly for player 2 in split-screen during a wet race.
- On-track VFX can no longer be seen by other drivers in F2™ one-shot qualifying.
- 3D Audio for headphones has temporarily been disabled on PS5. This will be re-enabled as soon as audio issues relating to it have been resolved.
- Car performance can now be changed after creation of a league.
- Mid-season driver negotiations have been removed from the first season of a Real Season Start career.
- Improved feedback given when haptic feedback is set to weak on PS5.
- Addressed an issue where the Emirian flag could be displayed on the podium instead of the Turkish Flag.
- Tyre wear can now be viewed on the MFD during the formation lap.
- Rebalanced chapters 1,3,5,9 and 12 on Normal difficulty in Braking Point.
- General stability improvements.
- Various minor fixes.