Version 1.05 of the F1 2021 game is now live on PC, PS4 and PS5, with Xbox platforms following ‘soon’.
It addresses several known issues with the game, which recently topped the UK sales charts.
Chief of which are visual enhancements. Ray tracing returns for PS5 players – after being patched out soon after launch – those on PC can now adjust the level of the reflective effect and the DLSS implementation has been revised.
When the Xbox update lands, keyboards will no longer be an input device to resolve an issue with detecting wheel inputs when re-assigning controls.
Several changes have been implemented to avoid game crashes when in the online modes. The issue where players could be split into a placeholder lobby when re-matchmaking in ranked and a crash that could occur after returning to a ranked lobby if the lobby had split have both been eradicated.
For the Two Player Career, two known issues have been smoothed over, and the two chapters of Braking Point, Prologue and Nine, have been rebalanced for those playing on the Hard difficulty level – which is the level we recommend you play the story on.
The full changelog is below, and if you spot any other errors, then you can submit them on the Codemasters forum. Let us know in the comments below if there are any changes you would like to see.
F1 2021 game version 1.05 changelog
- Improvements to DLSS implementation.
- Resolved a crash that could occur after returning to a ranked lobby if the lobby had split.
- Addressed an issue where players could be split into a placeholder lobby when re-matchmaking in ranked.
- Rebalanced Prologue and chapter 9 of Braking Point on Hard difficulty.
- Addressed a crash when previewing items within the Podium Pass.
- Addressed a crash when Player 2 quits in Two-Player Career Player career while Player 1 is in an interview.
- Addressed a crash with UDP if the number of active cars was zero.
- Addressed a crash when editing colours of customisation items.
- Addressed issues regarding Ray Tracing on PS5. Ray Tracing has now been re-enabled.
- Addressed a crash that could occur when saving an F2™ highlight from Grand Prix mode.
- Addressed an issue where Two-Player Career could be locked to equal performance.
- Addressed an issue where players could be placed on sub-optimal tyres during an F2™ Sprint race.
- Addressed an issue where the game could briefly stall when passing the start/finish line in one-shot qualifying.
- Addressed an issue where only the lobby host would be notified that the Virtual Safety Car was ending.
- Added option to select Ray Tracing quality on PC.
- Disabled keyboards as an input device on Xbox to resolve an issue with detecting wheel inputs when re-assigning controls. This will be re-enabled once the underlying issue has been resolved with system firmware.
- General stability improvements.
- Various minor fixes.