Officially on the back half of the 2022-23 Le Mans Virtual Series season, the fourth and penultimate round at Sebring International Raceway is coming up this weekend, and we’ll have it all live on the Traxion.GG YouTube Channel as usual.
A championship series that mixes motorsport FIA-graded pro drivers with some of the best professional esports drivers around will once again see the likes of Max Verstappen and Romain Grosjean competing on the virtual US soil during the 500 Miles of Sebring.
Before we get to raceday on Saturday, however, there’s still the matter of deciding where everyone will start. That happens the day before, on Friday (2nd December) during qualifying, and that also will air live on Traxion.GG.
This season, there are 40 cars (24 LMP, 16 GTE) that have entered into each of the four championship rounds. For qualifying, one driver per car will be nominated to post the fastest lap for the entire team. We won’t know which of each team’s three scheduled drivers will be on track until things get going.
Altogether, there’s a large number of pro drivers looking to meet minimum participation towards the championship this weekend per the rulebook, where they must compete in at least one of the four previous rounds before the finale in January 2023, the 24 Hours of Le Mans Virtual.
As we reported on Tuesday, we’ve got Verstappen and Grosjean both returning to the series after they competed during the 6 Hours of Spa last month. Beitske Visser also enters this round as the Pro-level driver in the GTE class.
Other notable real-world entries this weekend include Autosport Esports Driver of the Year nominee James Baldwin, Sami-Matti Trogen, Ayhancan Güven, Laurin Heinrich, Rudy van Buren, Marc Gassner, Dennis Lind, Lasse Sørensen and Alexander Smolyar, just to name a few.
Both the LMP grid and the GTE grid will get a chance to do their own separate qualifying session on Friday. Each class will get 20 minutes to put down its best time to set their place on the grid on Saturday.
The stream starts with the Le Mans Virtual Cup finale at Bahrain International Circuit which will precede the qualifying sessions. You can watch all the action live on Traxion.GG.
2022/23 LE MANS VIRTUAL SERIES, ROUND 4, 500 MILES OF SEBRING SCHEDULE
- Le Mans Virtual Series GTE qualifying – Friday 2nd December 19:10 GMT / 20:10 CET / 12:10 PT / 15:10 ET
- Le Mans Virtual Series LMP qualifying – Friday 2nd December 19:40 GMT / 20.40 CET / 12:40 PT / 15:40 ET
- Le Mans Virtual Series 500 Miles of Sebring – Saturday 3rd December 13:00 GMT / 14:00 CET / 06:00 PT / 09:00 ET
2022/23 LE MANS VIRTUAL SERIES CALENDAR
Round 1 – 8 Hours of Bahrain, Bahrain – 17th September 2022 Round 2 – 4 Hours of Monza, Italy – 8th October 2022 Round 3 – 6 Hours of Spa, Belgium – 5th November 5 2022
- Round 4 – 500 Miles of Sebring, USA – 3rd December 2022
- Round 5 – 24 Hours of Le Mans Virtual – 14th-15th January 2023
2022/23 LE MANS VIRTUAL SERIES Championship standings after Round 3
- #1 Team Redline – 66 pts
- #4 Floyd Vanwall-Burst – 52 pts
- #8 R8G ESPORTS – 42.5 pts
- #20 Porsche Coanda – 40 pts
- #53 AMG Team Williams Esports – 37 pts
- #63 AMG Team Petronas Esports – 29 pts
- #444 Nextview Vanwall-Burst – 29 pts
- #23 Porsche Coanda – 21 pts
- #2 Team Redline – 17 pts
- #36 Alpine Esports – 10 pts
- #71 BMW Team Redline – 58 pts
- #99 Oracle Red Bull Racing – 46.5 pts
- #51 SF Velas Esports Team – 43 pts
- #95 Prodrive FYRA Esport – 42 pts
- #77 Proton Coanda Esports – 39 pts
- #66 SIMMSA Esports – 30 pts
- #26 SIM Maranello – 27.5 pts
- #888 R8G ESPORTS – 27 pts
- #89 BMW Team BS+COMPETITION – 14.5 pts
- #10 MAHLE Racing Team – 13 pts
Full disclosure – Traxion.GG is part of Motorsport Games and the Motorsport Games family of brands. All Traxion.GG content is editorially removed from Motorsport Games video game development and created by a dedicated team. Traxion.GG is one of the official media partners of the Le Mans Virtual Series.