The third round of the 2022 Formula Pro Series is nearly upon us and the form book is out of the window.
Not only has last year’s victor, Bono Huis, yet to pick up a race victory, Jernej Simončič took his first race victory for the independent Burst Esport squad.
To add further intrigue into the mix, following the established Spa-Francorchamps and Monza venues, Daytona International Speedway Road Course will be new for all competitors and was only added to the rFactor 2 platform in February.
There’s also a new driver on the grid, in the form of Michael Romanidis driving the #98 Williams Esports entry, replacing Martin Stefanko.
The final new addition is a rolling start, which will be used for this round only around the banked section of the Floridan venue.
With Rietveld and Simončič with wins under their belts, it’s the latter who leads the championship points, but by a slender one-point margin over the consistent Marcell Csincsik.
Coming into the third round, talented drivers such as Huis, Jarno Opmeer, Kevin Siggy and Erhan Jajovski will all be looking to sit at the top of the dais for the first time this year. Wolves GR Esports’s driver Adam Maguire will be keen to convert early-season pace into a strong result.
Watch the latest round later today (6th June), and could this be the first race where changeable weather conditions come into play?
WHAT TIME DOES THE SECOND FORMULA PRO SERIES ROUND START?
Round 3 of the 2022 Formula Pro Series from Daytona starts at 7 pm BST / 8 pm CEST / 11 am PT / 2 pm ET.
FORMULA PRO SERIES 2022 CALENDAR
Round 1 – Spa-Francorchamps – 9th May 2022 Round 2 – Monza – 23rd May 2022
- Round 3 – Daytona Road Course – 6th June 2022
- Round 4 – Donington Park – 4th July 2022
- Round 5 – Circuit d’Azur – 18th July 2022
- Round 6 – Laguna Seca – 1st August 2022
THE ENTRY LIST
There are 12 teams, 24 drivers, entered for every race in the 2022 Formula Pro Series.
- #1 Bono Huis – Mercedes-AMG Petronas Esports Team
- #6 Adam Maguire – Wolves GR Esports
- #8 Erhan Jajovski – R8G Esports
- #10 Michi Hoyer – Burst Esport
- #11 Nuno Pinto – Team Fordzilla
- #12 Ibraheem Khan – BS+Competition
- #13 Alex Siebel – Oracle Red Bull Racing Esports
- #17 Jernej Simončič – Burst Esport
- #19 Jeffrey Rietveld – Team Redline
- #20 Kevin Siggy – Team Redline
- #21 Collin Spork – NetRex Grand Prix
- #22 Ferris Stanley – Rocket Simsport
- #23 Daniel Kiss – Rocket Simsport
- # 27 Dennis Jordan – Oracle Red Bull Racing Esports
- #34 Jarno Opmeer – Mercedes-AMG Petronas Esports Team
- #44 Noah Reuvers – NetRex Grand Prix
- #46 Gianmarco Fiduci – Team Fordzilla
- #60 Dawid Mroczek – Bykolles Burst Esport
- #66 Liam de Waal – Wolves GR Esports
- #88 Marcell Csincsik – R8G Esports
- #93 Damian Skowron – Bykolles Burst Esport
- #96 Muhammed Patel – BS+Competition
- #97 Petar Brljak – Williams Esports
- #98 Michael Romanidis – Williams Esports
2022 Formula Pro Series championship standings after Round 2
- Jernej Simončič – Burst Esport – 62 pts
- Marcell Csincsik – R8G Esports – 61 pts
- Bono Huis – Mercedes-AMG Petronas Esports Team – 52 pts
- Jeffrey Rietveld – Team Redline – 48 pts
- Petar Brljak – Williams Esports – 46 pts
- Dennis Jordan – Oracle Red Bull Racing Esports – 44 pts
- Kevin Siggy – Team Redline – 44 pts
- Muhammed Patel – BS+ Competition – 44 pts
- Erhan Jajovski – R8G Esports – 36 pts
- Alex Siebel – Oracle Red Bull Racing Esports – 35 pts
SUCCESS BALLAST ALLOCATION
The following allocated success ballast for Round 3 is based on the current championship standings: Simončič 10kg, Csincsik 7kg, Huis 4kg.