The second round of the 2022 Formula Pro Series happens later today, 23rd May 2022, and it’s Team Redline who currently leads the way.
However, the highspeed straights of the Autodromo Nazionale Monza await for the 12 teams and 24 competitors – slipstreaming in both qualifying and the race could be key to a strong result.
With every entrant using an identical V10-powered 800bhp single-seaters, the field during the opening round two weeks ago at Spa-Francorchamps was closely stacked and delivered a frenetic race.
There, 2021 runner up Jeffrey Rietveld took pole position but came under pressure from Wolves GR Esports’ driver Adam Maguire in the early stages.
After a hectic race, Rietveld held on to win ahead of teammate Kevin Siggy who rose through the ranks throughout the race. Winner of every Formula Pro Series race last season, Bono Huis finished third after a heated exchange with R8G Esport’s Marcell Csincsik.
Success ballast allocation
The second round will mark the first time success ballast comes into play, with the following allocated ballast on championship standings: Rietveld 10kg, Siggy 7kg, Huis 4kg.
The Monza round consists of one race that lasts 60-minutes. Qualifying is one 15-minute session.
What time does the second Formula Pro Series round start?
Round 2 of the 2022 Formula Pro Series from Monza starts at 7 pm BST / 8 pm CEST / 11 am PT / 2 pm ET.
The presenters for each round will be esteemed sports broadcaster Rachael Downie, GB3 and GB4 commentator Lewis McGlade and John Munro.
Live race coverage is on the Traxion.GG Facebook Page, Twitch and YouTube Channels. It will also be live on Autosport and Motorsport.com’s Facebook pages.
What sim racing platform does Formula Pro Series use?
The Formula Pro Series uses the PC-based rFactor 2 simulation.
FORMULA PRO SERIES 2022 CALENDAR
Round 1 – Spa-Francorchamps – 9th May 2022
- Round 2 – Monza – 23rd May 2022
- Round 3 – Daytona Road Course – 6th June 2022
- Round 4 – Donington Park – 4th July 2022
- Round 5 – Circuit d’Azur – 18th July 2022
- Round 6 – Laguna Seca – 1st August 2022
THE ENTRY LIST
There are 12 teams, 24 drivers, entered for every race in the 2022 Formula Pro Series.
- #1 Bono Huis – Mercedes-AMG Petronas Esports Team
- #6 Adam Maguire – Wolves GR Esports
- #8 Erhan Jajovski – R8G Esports
- #10 Michi Hoyer – Burst Esport
- #11 Nuno Pinto – Team Fordzilla
- #12 Ibraheem Khan – BS+Competition
- #13 Alex Siebel – Oracle Red Bull Racing Esports
- #17 Jernej Simončič – Burst Esport
- #19 Jeffrey Rietveld – Team Redline
- #20 Kevin Siggy – Team Redline
- #21 Collin Spork – NetRex Grand Prix
- #22 Ferris Stanley – Rocket Simsport
- #23 Daniel Kiss – Rocket Simsport
- # 27 Dennis Jordan – Oracle Red Bull Racing Esports
- #34 Jarno Opmeer – Mercedes-AMG Petronas Esports Team
- #44 Noah Reuvers – NetRex Grand Prix
- #46 Gianmarco Fiduci – Team Fordzilla
- #60 Dawid Mroczek – Bykolles Burst Esport
- #66 Liam de Waal – Wolves GR Esports
- #88 Marcell Csincsik – R8G Esports
- #93 Damian Skowron – Bykolles Burst Esport
- #96 Muhammed Patel – BS+Competition
- #97 Petar Brljak – Williams Esports
- #98 Martin Stefanko – Williams Esports