After a hiatus in 2021, this year the DTM Esports Championship is back, and it will be broadcast live this evening on the Traxion.GG YouTube channel.
Back in 2020 the series used the Class 1 DTM cars available on RaceRoom Racing Experience – high-downforce V8 silhouettes capped at around 600 bhp. Since then however, DTM has moved away from this costly formula and now uses lightly-modified GT3 vehicles.
The DTM Esports Championship has followed suit, using RaceRoom’s range of GT3 cars, and 2020 champion Moritz Löhner will be looking to make it back-to-back titles against a grid of hungry professional esports racers.
As a change from previous seasons of DTM Esports setups are tuneable, something Löhner is especially looking forward to, sharing his thoughts with the official DTM website:
“The fact that set-up changes are allowed again for the first time will considerably mix up the field. I am relying on our strong team and good teamwork for the set-up, so I think my chances are good again. The field has developed very well, so I am expecting very close races.”
The strong field Löhner references includes the likes of Williams Esports’ Jack Keithley, the Brit arriving fresh off the back of claiming the REMUS GT3 Championship, also held on RaceRoom.
Another potential heir to the DTM Esports throne is Christopher Högfeldt. Högfeldt is currently leading the ADAC GT Masters Esports Championship – a series featuring both Keithley and Löhner – but with Löhner enduring a troubled start to his campaign is the door open for a new champion?
To celebrate the return of the championship, RaceRoom will be releasing the DTM 21 Pack, which includes cars and liveries from the real 2021 DTM season – including the addition of the hotly-anticipated Ferrari 488 GT3 Evo 2020.
Information on pricing and availability of the DTM 21 Pack will be announced during the broadcast of the first round, so stay tuned if you want to relive the pulsating championship battle between Liam Lawson, Maximilian Götz and Kelvin van der Linde at home.
The first round will be held at the Italian Autodromo Internazionale Enzo e Dino Ferrari, better known as Imola, a track the real championship will also visit this season. With twelve of the 28 participants choosing RaceRoom’s new 488 GT3, will it be a successful home event for The Prancing Horse?
Tune in to the Traxion.GG YouTube channel at 7.15 pm CET/6.15 pm GMT to find out.
2022 DTM ESPORTS CHAMPIONSHIP SEASON SCHEDULE
Race #1 Imola 10th March 2022
Race #2 Norisring 24th March 2022
Race #3 Lautsitzring 7th April 2022
Race #4 Spa-Francorchamps 10th April 2022
Race #5 Red Bull Ring 21st April 2022
Race #6 Portimão 28th April 2022
2022 DTM ESPORTS CHAMPIONSHIP SEASON ENTRY LIST
- Adam Pinczes – Arnage Competition – Ferrari 488 GT3 Evo 2020
- Alessandro Ottaviani – R8G Esports – Ferrari 488 GT3 Evo 2020
- Alexander Dornieden – MRS Esports – BMW M6 GT3
- Attilla Diner – MRS Esports – Ferrari 488 GT3 Evo 2020
- Axel Vermeylen – Virtualdrivers by TX3 – Ferrari 488 GT3 Evo 2020
- Christopher Högfeldt – R8G Esports – Ferrari 488 GT3 Evo 2020
- David Nagy – M1RA Esports – Ferrari 488 GT3 Evo 2020
- Florian Hasse – Dörr Esports – BMW M6 GT3
- Gianmarco Fiduci – Team Fordzilla – Ferrari 488 GT3 Evo 2020
- Isaac Price – Privateer – BMW M6 GT3
- Jack Keithley – Williams Esports – Mercedes AMG GT3
- Kevin Siggy – Team Redline – Ferrari 488 GT3 Evo 2020
- Leon Rüdinger – Arnage Competition – BMW M6 GT3
- Leonard Krippner – Dörr Esports – BMW M6 GT3
- Luciano Witvoet – Ballas Esports – Ferrari 488 GT3 Evo 2020
- Manuel Rodriguez – Topes de Gama Racing Team – Porsche 911 GT3 R
- Marc Gassner – MRS Esports – BMW M6 GT3
- Marko Pejic – Veloce Esports – Mercedes AMG GT3
- Matija Markovic – MRS Esports – Ferrari 488 GT3 Evo 2020
- Max Pfeifer – MRS Esports – Mercedes AMG GT3
- Michael Rächl – Dörr Esports – Mercedes AMG GT3
- Moritz Löhner – Dörr Esports – BMW M6 GT3
- Petr Pliska – Team Fordzilla – AMG GT3
- Ralf Piringer – Privateer – Audi R8 LMS Evo GT3
- Tim Jarschel – MRS Esports – AMG GT3
- Alex Mosin – Ballas Esports – Ferrari 488 GT3
- Florian Bodin – Privateer – Ferrari 488 GT3
- Julien Fox – TR Powered by Geekz Energy – BMW M6 GT3