20-year-old racing game phenomenon Trackmania has unveiled its 2023 Summer campaign update, adding 25 tracks and several other notable upgrades to the popular free-to-play game.
Following on from the rebooted Trackmania’s successful console release in May this year, developer/publisher Ubisoft Nadeo has continued with its plan of releasing seasonal updates after every three months, with the Summer update including 100 new medals and several new collectable trophies.
The Trackmania team has worked on improving campaign progression for players, with ice driving improved to feel faster and smoother. As well as numerous bug fixes, nearly 50 individual blocks have been added to the PC version’s track editor, allowing players more creativity in designing outlandish and gravity-defying courses.
Although Trackmania is free-to-play, it does offer three levels of subscription for players to sink their teeth into. The free Starter subscription guarantees 25 tracks per seasonal update, plus cross-platform crossplay and a limited track editor. Standard and Club subscriptions offering increasing levels of benefits and the ability to host private servers too.
As a bonus, players who complete the 2023 Summer campaign and obtain all Track Of The Day medals can claim a new Prestige Skin. All players now also benefit from an improved method of displaying previously earned Prestige Skins, with all liveries now visible in one area.
As the console and PC game celebrates its third anniversary, will you be enjoying Trackmania’s Summer 2023 campaign? Let us know in the comments below.
Trackmania 2023 Summer campaign update changelog
- The current official campaign now has an unlock system to offer a better progression for the players. To unlock the blue tracks, you will need the first 10 bronze medals, to unlock the red tracks, the first 15 silver medals and to unlock the black tracks, the first 20 gold medals. Tracks are still playable elsewhere in the game without limitations.
- Display your current official campaign rank on the main page in solo.
- New Prestige skins completion popup in the garage. Show off your skill with this new display with all the Prestige skins you unlocked in one place.
- Add official themed assets which you can use in your clubs on PC.
- Improve the general fluidity of menus with 3D scene.
- Allow Standard Access players to play public Club activities (rooms and campaigns) directly from the Club page.
- Fix a softlock in the report pop up.
- Fix texts cut off in the UI, especially in region names.
- Fix cam 7 appearing when respawning.
- Remove join and leave notifications in Cup of the Day.
- Fix an issue with the display of rankings on the campaign tracks.
- Improve the waiting time when buying an access.
- Fix the characters limit in track editor’s URL entry.
- Fix scroll up/down binding in scorestable.
- New prestige gain animation.
- Display the number of medals required to unlock the next level of prestige skin.
- Improve latency test display.
- Display the correct binding for the standstill respawn helper.
- Improve loading times for large tracks with lots of lights.
- Add a gamemode setting for the join/leave notifications.
- Fix a crash when playing huge UGC tracks on PS5.
- Reduce loading times on PS5.
- Add Ranked competitive activity on PS5 hub.
- Add a setting to disable the adaptive triggers on PS5.
- Ice gameplay has been improved. There shouldn’t be a slowdown anymore and wiggles should not be an exploit anymore. Ice gameplay is slightly faster too.
- Reduce the time before you can airbrake again after a water bounce.
- Fix car rotating by itself when landing a jump in fragile mode.
- Improve the onboarding menu when you launch the game for the first time.
- Add a setting to choose the size of the text chat.
- Add a setting to display a background behind the text chat.
- Add a scroll in the text chat to see older messages in the big chat display.
- Text-to-Speech now reads the last messages shown in the text chat when displayed in big.
- With a new Text-to-Speech setting activated, writing a message in the chat will be read to the voice chat users. (English only)
- Add Text-to-Speech in the report pop up.
- Gamepad Editor tracks now correctly save Macroblock Color information.
- Reloading & rebuilding tracks no longer erases colors.
- Using Undo/Redo in expert now correctly replaces colored blocks.
- Fix cursor staying while testing in the gamepad editor.
- Fix a crash in the expert gamepad editor with overlays.
- Fix a crash in gamepad editor when using the autofinish.
- Fix a crash in gamepad editor when pressing the joystick button while playing.
- Fix pressing L3 moves by one block in gamepad editor.
NEW BLOCKS AND ITEMS (PC TRACK EDITOR ONLY)
- 38 blocks Narrow (12 RoadTech, 12 RoadDirt and 14 RoadIce).
- 10 blocks Platform Curve 4 and 5 (2 PlatformTech, 2 PlatformDirt, 2 PlatformGrass, 2 PlatformIce, 2 PlatformPlastic).
- 1 Pilar (DecoWallCurve5)