New GT Sport update imminent and FIA 2021 season schedule announced
Hot on the heels of the region and timing changes for the 2021 FIA Exhibition Season within Gran Turismo Sport, the game’s website has now been updated with the event calendar to match.
It’s worth noting that the in-game calendar has not yet updated to match, but if you visit the ‘Sport Mode’ section of the Gran Turismo website and then select either ‘Nations Cup’ or ‘Manufacturer Series’, you can view the upcoming events.
Perhaps to tie in with this schedule, a new GT Sport game update will be arriving on the 24th February. To facilitate this, there will be server maintenance between the hours of 4 am – 6 am UTC on the same day. Don’t get your hopes up for new cars or tracks though, with the development of Gran Turismo 7 in full swing, we would take a guess at this update purely enabling the next set of FIA events.
You can view the full FIA event schedule below. As always, there are two sets of events. One for manufacturer glory and one for nationalistic pride:
2021 FIA Gran Turismo Championship, Exhibition Series – Season 1, Manufacturer Series calendar
- 3rd March 2021, Round 1, Autódromo de Interlagos, GR.3
- 10th March 2021, Round 2, Dragon Trail International Raceway, Gr.4
- 17th March 202, Round 3, Sardegna, Gr.4
- 20th March 2021, Round 4, Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps, Gr.3
- 27th March 2021, Round 5, Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit, Gr.4
- 3rd April 2021, Round 6, Tokyo Expressway, Gr.3
2021 FIA Gran Turismo Championship, Exhibition Series – Season 1, Nations Cup calendar
- 27th February 2021, Round 1, Fuji Speedway, specific car model TBC
- 6th March 2021, Round 2, Lago Maggiore Circuit, Gr.3
- 13th March 2021, Round 3, Red Bull Ring, specific car model TBC
- 25th March 2021, Round 4, Blue Moon Bay, Gr.1
- 1st April 2021, Round 5, Sardegna, Gr.B
- 8th April 2021, Round 6, WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca, Gr.4
The FIA events allow practically anyone who owns a PS4 or PS5 and GT Sport to take on the best Gran Turismo players in the world through closely-fought online battles. If you think your handy at the game, prepared for an eye-opening experience. If you’re ranked level A or A+ in the Sport Mode, you will be up against some seriously competitive rivals. But it makes for some thrilling online racing, and if you’ve not entered these FIA events before, I heartily recommend you give this next season a shot.
We’d like to hear from you! Are you going to be taking part in the next round of GT Sport events? Discuss it with us in the comments section below.