The streets of Lakeshore will be turning into a runway. Literally.
Some of the biggest names in the fashion industry will be added to Need for Speed Unbound’s online closet, including ALPHA Industries, AWGE, Brain Dead, Born x Raised, Champion, Danielle Guizio, EDWIN, FILA, GCDS, KHRISJOY, MKI MIYUKI ZOKU, Namilia, NAPAPIJIRI, Palace, Puma, Vans, Versace and more.
Fans can choose from a variety of swag to truly customize in-game characters with their own unique style. Self-expression is expanded upon in the game thanks to the partnerships between these influential fashionistas, Electronic Arts Inc. and Criterion Games.
NFS Unbound’s fashion director, who also happens to be the editor-in-chief of UK culture magazine Wonderland, Toni-Blaze Ibekwe says the collaboration is “blurring the lines between IRL and digital content.”
Palace, Versace, Puma, Manilia and Danielle Guizio are introducing bespoke items that will take virtual style to the next level, giving users a completely curated experience unlike anything they’ve enjoyed before in the virtual world.
“Need for Speed Unbound presents a real visual identity, one where players can see themselves, and their style, represented in the game,” Ibekwe said. “My main hope is that fans adopt the freedom to express themselves through clothing, and apply some of their ‘daring’ in-game choices in real life.”
The franchise has always showcased innovation within the game, and now fans can sport endless combinations of products virtually while also inspiring day-to-day looks beyond the screen, too.
Here’s a detailed breakdown on some of the epic brands coming to NFS Unbound, which will be making its worldwide debut on 2nd December 2022 for PC, PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S:
- Palace: For the trendsetters racing the streets of Lakeshore City, the Need for Speed Unbound Palace Edition created in collaboration with Palace Skateboards delivers a variety of custom rides, gear and decals to trick out their rides and their character’s outfits with Palace Edition.
- Versace: An iconic fashion house which doesn’t need an introduction, Versace will bring their prestigious style to Need for Speed Unbound through an in-game Rival, Medusa, who brings the Versace woman’s rebellious energy and high-gloss glamor to life as a street racer along with 10 in-game pieces of apparel from jackets to sneakers.
- Puma: A long-standing partner of the Need for Speed franchise and synonymous with “Forever Faster,” Puma brings the speed with its in-game Rival Racer Chase who rolls in a special Puma wrapped Porsche 911 GT3 RS. Players can get their hands on 13 other exclusive Puma in-game items including track pants, hoodie and jacket. A special Puma x Need for Speed Unbound capsule collection of real-world footwear and apparel will also be made available at a later date.
- Namilia: Driven by the revolutionary spirit of youth culture and celebration of freedom and self identity, Namilia will feature a selection of six in-game items from a coat to a corset. The Namila x NFS capsule collection features exclusive gear that will be unveiled closer to the launch of the game.
- Danielle Guizio: A luxury brand that reflects the subcultures of New York City, GUIZIO’s collaboration will introduce in-game rival Harlow who makes her mark in a special, custom wrapped Chevrolet Corvette Stingray featuring the brand’s iconic motifs. Players can also score five exclusive GUIZIO in-game apparel items from their ready to wear collection.
Of course, if you enjoy rockin’ the Vans, you can fit your simulated-self in your favourite sneakers, as well, or put on a fashion show with flashy new names that will speak to your character’s soul in-game.
“The Need for Speed franchise is becoming a home for pioneering, cutting-edge brands who are actively shaping culture,” said Criterion Games’ creative director, Kieran Crimmins. “With Need for Speed Unbound, we wanted to level up that ethos by creating a truly authentic universe that not only represents our players, but also creates opportunities for them to interact with and experience these renowned brands in a whole new way.
“These partnerships are just the beginning, and we look forward to sharing details on even more partners in the weeks ahead.”
Need for Speed Unbound is an open-world racer incredible car customisation, beautiful graffiti art and even next-level cop chases that will have satisfy your rebellious side in an extremely thrilling way, featuring rapper A$AP Rocky as the lead figurehead of the game.
Need for Speed Unbound and Need for Speed Unbound Palace Edition will be available on December 2, 2022 on PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X/S and PC via the EA app, Origin, Steam and Epic Game Store for $69.99 and $79.99, respectively.
Via Electronic Arts