The third downloadable content pack for story driving racing game GRID Legends is now live, and it takes us back to the 2008 original.
Race Driver: Grid came 14 years ago as the spiritual successor to Codemasters’ TOCA game series, and introduced to the world the Ravenwest outfit.
The fictionalised team has forever been your arch nemesis, the quad you must beat in order to claim World Series glory. Driver Nathan McKane is its main figurehead, someone who was brought to life for the first time in GRID Legends.
The Rise of Ravenwest pack is available today (17th November 2022) for PC, PlayStation and Xbox for those who own the Deluxe Edition of the driving title or is available to purchase separately for £7.99/$9.99
It features a new 11-episode story arc, utilising the game’s mix-reality approach to delve into the history of the infamous squad.
It will run through key times of the driver and team’s history, with each area calling back to prior GRID games with a distinct look and feel. If you’ve played the previous entries, this should be a nostalgia trip.
It will also introduce a new environment for track in the form of Miami, last seen in 2013’s GRID 2, which can be used outside of the latest story and online with the Race Creator. Ramps and Boost Zones have also been added to existing routes.
Four new classic cars have also been added:
- BMW 320 Turbo Group 5
- 1967 Chevrolet Corvette
- 1971 Plymouth GTX
- 1967 Ford Mustang Fastback
Three new sponsored Career events will also be included, alongside a slew of icons, liveries and banners.
“We invite players to dig deeper into the story of one of the most interesting and controversial characters within the GRID universe, fighting off the competition and ensuring Ravenwest’s success no matter the cost,” said Paul Lovell, Senior Games Designer at Codemasters.
Outside of the DLC, some tracks will receive festive-themed lighting and Chicago will be given a little extra layer of snow to keep in tune with the time of year.
The third pack for GRID Legends follows very closely to the second, Enduring Spirit, which launched on the 25th October.
GRID LEGENDS – V5.0 Changelog
This patch coincides with the release of the third premium DLC pack – Rise of Ravenwest. You can read more about that and some other updates here.
- Several environmental track adjustments have been made
- Objective progress that was reset relating to ‘Finish X or higher,’ should now be displaying correctly in certain circumstances
- Resolved an issue with joining in-progress multi-round events, where the wrong vehicle will be selected
- The session browser now prioritizes Friend lobbies
- After a host migration, the new host will be able to create a new Race Creator session
- Race Creators sessions featuring DLC cars should now be loanable for all players
- Resolved an issue when joining a sponsor objective lobby and selecting a vehicle
- Multiple minor UI fixes have been made throughout the game
- Several stability adjustments have been made, reducing the frequency of game crashes
- Several translation and localisation tweaks have been made, as well as the removal of some unsupported characters
- A tweak to the MINI Miglia’s audio has been made to avoid an issue before changing gears