After an extended period of server maintenance, it weighs in at 380.5 MB on PS4 and 384.9 MB on PS5. Let the copying commence.
Dirt tyres return for Licence Test and Missions
One strange quirk of the previous update was several Licence Test, Missions and Circuit Experiences being ‘bugged’ because they were held on dirt tracks without the dirt tyres.
Pretty odd, to say the least, and infuriating for those playing the challenges for the first time. Rally tests on Comfort Medium tyres.
Thankfully, this has now been resolved, so the nine affected dirt events will now be straightforward.
It’s not just the dirt events either, thank goodness. I speak as someone who just achieved Gold for the Divine moves on the Spa Mission, in the rain, using the F1500T-A on slick tyres. That was more painful than root canal surgery.
If you gave in trying this challenge, you’ll be glad to know that you now have Racing Wet tyres. Rejoice!
Events now with the correct tyres
- Licence [A-8] Dirt Driving: Beginner (‘Dirt’ Tyres)
- Licence [IB-5] Dirt Driving: Intermediate (‘Dirt’ Tyres)
- Licence [IA-3] Dirt Driving: Expert (‘Dirt’ Tyres)
- Licence [S-5] One Lap Time Attack (‘Dirt’ Tyres)
- Mission The Magic Mountain – Jeep Night Safari (‘Dirt’ Tyres)
- Mission Beyond the Horizon – Beginner Drifting 1
- Mission Beyond the Horizon – American Wilderness (‘Dirt’ Tyres)
- Mission Rolling Stone – Beginner Drifting 2 (‘Comfort: Medium’ Tyres)
- Mission Gone with the Wind – Divine moves on the Spa
- Mission Gone with the Wind – Intermediate Drifting 2 (‘Racing: Heavy Wet’ Tyres)
- Mission The Sun Also Rises – The White Winged Beast (‘Racing: Soft’ Tyres)
- Circuit Experiences – Colorado Springs (‘Dirt’ Tyres)
- Circuit Experiences – Fishermans Ranch (‘Dirt’ Tyres)
- Circuit Experiences – Sardegna Windmills (‘Dirt’ Tyres)
Broadcast Mode added
This is to those streaming footage on YouTube or Twitch. Gran Turismo 7 has an extensive music soundtrack, and navigating the murky waters of music copyright activism has been difficult for those sharing Gran Turismo 7 online.
Enabling this feature will eliminate background music tracks that are thought to trigger copyright infringement, but without muting the soundtrack entirely.
To enable Broadcast Mode, visit the GT Menu and then ‘Options’ > ‘Global’ > ‘Sound Volume’ and set the ‘Broadcast Mode’ option to ‘On’.
Credit payouts adjusted, goodbye rally ‘exploit’
One of the quickest ways of earning credits in Gran Turismo 7 up to this point has been taking part in the Fisherman’s Ranch Dirt Champions event. Using a Gr.B rally car, a race win netted 65,000 credits for the one-lap affair, and throw in a Clean Race Bonus and that rose to 97,500 credits.
Similarly, the easier, but slightly longer, three-lap Sardegna Windmills Dirt Champions race delivered a similar quantity of credits.
These have now adjusted ‘according to driving time and difficulty.’ That means a reduction of more than half to just 30,000 credits for winning these events, and 45,0000 credits for a Clean Race victory.
In total 18 events, listed below, have ad their prize money payouts tweaked and we’ve listed them all in the full changelog below taken from the Gran Turismo website. It includes other fixes including missing settings sheets, assists switching on or off at inappropriate times and occasional missing decals.
There’s no word on improved online lobbies at this time – we live in hope.
GRAN TURISMO 7 VERSION 1.07 PS4 AND PS5 UPDATE CHANGELOG
Main Features Implemented
- Added a [Broadcast Mode] option to the ‘Sound Volume’ settings within the ‘Global’ tab of the Options menu. For details, please refer to the ‘Broadcast Mode’ Added to the ‘Sound Volume’ Settings‘ article.
Other Improvements and Adjustments
1. Car Settings
- Fixed an issue wherein an application error would occur when selecting a Setting Sheet from the Quick Menu > [Car Settings] > [Detailed Settings] screen within ‘World Circuits’ while being in Offline Mode;
- Fixed an issue wherein copied Setting Sheets would disappear when the Car Settings were opened and closed;
- Fixed an issue wherein the Ford GT Race Car ’18 would only go into 1st gear when a ‘Fully Customisable Manual Transmission’ or a ’Fully Customisable Sequential Transmission’ were installed;
- Fixed an issue wherein cars would be considered ‘within regulation’ even though they did not meet the Balance of Performance (BoP) regulation.
- Fixed an issue wherein some Assist Settings, such as Auto-Drive, were able to be changed or saved even when ‘Limit Driving Options’ was set to ‘Prohibited.’
3. Missions & Licences
- Fixed an issue wherein the modified Assist Settings in some events would be saved and would not go back to the default value even after leaving the event.
- Fixed an issue wherein for some events the wind direction and speed display were set to 0.
5. Licences / Missions / Circuit Experiences
- Fixed an issue wherein the specified tyres would not be equipped on the vehicle for the following events:
[A-8] Dirt Driving: Beginner (‘Dirt’ Tyres)
[IB-5] Dirt Driving: Intermediate (‘Dirt’ Tyres)
[IA-3] Dirt Driving: Expert (‘Dirt’ Tyres)
[S-5] One Lap Time Attack (‘Dirt’ Tyres)
The Magic Mountain
・Jeep Night Safari (‘Dirt’ Tyres)
Beyond the Horizon
・Beginner Drifting 1
・American Wilderness (‘Dirt’ Tyres)
・Beginner Drifting 2 (‘Comfort: Medium’ Tyres)
Gone with the Wind
・Divine moves on the Spa
・Intermediate Drifting 2 (‘Racing: Heavy Wet’ Tyres)
The Sun Also Rises
・The White Winged Beast (‘Racing: Soft’ Tyres)
■ Circuit Experiences
Colorado Springs (‘Dirt’ Tyres)
Fishermans Ranch (‘Dirt’ Tyres)
Sardegna – Windmills (‘Dirt’ Tyres)
6. World Circuits
- Adjusted the rewards for events inside ‘World Circuits’ according to driving time and difficulty. The adjusted events are as follows:
World Touring Car 800
・24 Heures du Mans Racing Circuit
World Rally Challenge
・Colorado Springs Lake
GT Cup Gr.4
・High Speed Ring
・Brands Hatch GP Circuit
GT Cup Gr.3
・Autodrome Lago Maggiore. Full
Clubman Cup Plus
・High Speed Ring
American Clubman Cup 700
・Special Stage Route X
American FR Challenge 550
・Blue Moon Bay Speedway
・Weathertech Raceway Laguna Seca
・Willow Springs Raceway
7. GT Auto
- Fixed an issue wherein opening the Livery data from [Open Design] > [Design List] of the Livery Editor would make all the applied decals disappear;
- Fixed an issue wherein the ‘Open Designs’ and ‘Styles’ of the Livery Editor could not be opened until the game was rebooted if the temporary data were deleted.
- Fixed an issue wherein on rare occasions an application error would occur when purchasing cars from ‘Brand Central’, ‘Used Cars’, and ‘Legendary Cars’, or when receiving a car as a prize.
9. Physics Simulation Model
- Adjusted the model to reduce the grip lost when cars with high downforce are passing over a kerbstone while cornering at its limit.
- Fixed several issues that would occur when there was not enough free space available for temporary data downloaded from the network:
・The ‘Used Cars’ lineup would not be displayed;
・The ‘News’ on the Title Screen would not be displayed;
・The ‘Styles’ could not be applied;
- Various other issues have been addressed.