The rapidly evolving portable Formula 1 racing game – F1 Mobile Racing by EA, Eden Games and Codemasters – has received yet another new track in the form of Autodromo Internazionale Enzo e Dino Ferrari.
Originally a late addition to F1’s 2020 season, where the COVID-19 pandemic wreaked havoc with the schedule, Imola returned for 2021 and this weekend’s 2022 race.
The full title of the event is the Formula 1 Rolex Gran Premio del Made in Italy e dell’Emilia-Romagna 2022. Fun fact. Just rolls off the tongue.
As a result, it was added to the PC and console F1 2021 game by Codemasters Birmingham in October last year, and now the mobile sibling also receives the track.
Update 23 for the diminutive title also adds a spate of smaller additions and improvements including more stable performance when played on an iPad, improved frame rate during livery editor use on entry-level devices and fixing an issue where the car wear level could exceed 100 per cent in the career mode.
Today’s (22nd April) update follows a spot of sweeping changes for F1 Mobile Racing, with a career mode, Pro League, livery editor and Portimão’s Algarve International Circuit. It was also recently teased that the real-world 2022-spec car will be coming soon in some form.
F1 Mobile racing is free-to-play and officially licenced, available for Android and Apple devices.
F1 Mobile Racing Update 23 changelog
- Added Autodromo Internazionale Enzo e Dino Ferrari
- Fixed challenge “Activate DRS 30 times” to track correctly
- Fixed challenge “Travel 16 miles” to track correctly
- Fixed issue where the Car Wear could go above 100% in a Career Mode
- Fixed issue where numerous Team Missions and requisites that required “No Penalties” condition would not track correctly if the player left the track but did not receive a penalty
- Fixed the issue where a Mission progress would reset if a different team contract was signed in Career Mode
- Fixed issue where “progress will be lost” pop-up message would not appear when choosing a contract with a different team in Career Mode
- Fixed the issue where players would sometimes not receive repairs in Career Mode after watching an advert
- Fixed an issue where finishing a Master level contract in Career Mode could cause a soft lock
- Fixed a potential soft lock-related issue that could occur when suspending the game during race countdown
- Fixed a potential crash related issue that occurred on first boot of game after installing
- Fixed issue where retries during a DRS zone would allow players to use DRS during the race countdown
- Fixed an issue where the “track downloading” notification would not show when entering a showdown in a track not yet downloaded
- Fixed issue where players would incorrectly receive “Challenge rewards ready to collect” notification
- Fixed rare issue where a player would only have one (1) infinite challenge slot
- Fixed issue where symmetry would not work correctly while using the Livery Editor
- Fixed issue where the player’s “Best Season” statistic was not updating correctly
- Improved overall stability for numerous iPad devices
- Added correct support for AMD GPU’s
- Further optimisation for lower-end devices to increase framerate stability in Livery Editor
- Corrected available camera angles in the Livery editor
- Added visual indication that the “Restore purchase” function has been completed