The rapidly evolving portable Formula 1 racing game – F1 Mobile Racing by EA, Eden Games and Codemasters – has received yet another new track in the form of Autodromo Internazionale Enzo e Dino Ferrari.
Originally a late addition to F1’s 2020 season, where the COVID-19 pandemic wreaked havoc with the schedule, Imola returned for 2021 and this weekend’s 2022 race.
The full title of the event is the Formula 1 Rolex Gran Premio del Made in Italy e dell’Emilia-Romagna 2022. Fun fact. Just rolls off the tongue.
Update 23 for the diminutive title also adds a spate of smaller additions and improvements including more stable performance when played on an iPad, improved frame rate during livery editor use on entry-level devices and fixing an issue where the car wear level could exceed 100 per cent in the career mode.
Today’s (22nd April) update follows a spot of sweeping changes for F1 Mobile Racing, with a career mode, Pro League, livery editor and Portimão’s Algarve International Circuit. It was also recently teased that the real-world 2022-spec car will be coming soon in some form.
F1 Mobile racing is free-to-play and officially licenced, available for Android and Apple devices.
F1 Mobile Racing Update 23 changelog
- Added Autodromo Internazionale Enzo e Dino Ferrari
- Fixed challenge “Activate DRS 30 times” to track correctly
- Fixed challenge “Travel 16 miles” to track correctly
- Fixed issue where the Car Wear could go above 100% in a Career Mode
- Fixed issue where numerous Team Missions and requisites that required “No Penalties” condition would not track correctly if the player left the track but did not receive a penalty
- Fixed the issue where a Mission progress would reset if a different team contract was signed in Career Mode
- Fixed issue where “progress will be lost” pop-up message would not appear when choosing a contract with a different team in Career Mode
- Fixed the issue where players would sometimes not receive repairs in Career Mode after watching an advert
- Fixed an issue where finishing a Master level contract in Career Mode could cause a soft lock
- Fixed a potential soft lock-related issue that could occur when suspending the game during race countdown
- Fixed a potential crash related issue that occurred on first boot of game after installing
- Fixed issue where retries during a DRS zone would allow players to use DRS during the race countdown
- Fixed an issue where the “track downloading” notification would not show when entering a showdown in a track not yet downloaded
- Fixed issue where players would incorrectly receive “Challenge rewards ready to collect” notification
- Fixed rare issue where a player would only have one (1) infinite challenge slot
- Fixed issue where symmetry would not work correctly while using the Livery Editor
- Fixed issue where the player’s “Best Season” statistic was not updating correctly
- Improved overall stability for numerous iPad devices
- Added correct support for AMD GPU’s
- Further optimisation for lower-end devices to increase framerate stability in Livery Editor
- Corrected available camera angles in the Livery editor
- Added visual indication that the “Restore purchase” function has been completed