Original Fire Games has delivered a special gift to Circuit Superstars fans ahead of Christmas, with the release of NASCAR-style stock cars. As promised earlier this month, not only does the game receive a new car, but the developers also added an oval track. And luckily for fans of turning left, Original Fire Games has also implemented slipstreaming as part of their Winter Patch!
Impact stock car
The new car, the Impact, comes with several liveries and is the first addition to the Stock Car category in-game, so we can perhaps expect further models to join it in future.
The newly-introduced Bullseye Speedway is the first oval track to come to Circuit Superstars, and is the perfect location to experiment with the other major new feature introduced by the Winter Patch – drafting. You can increase or decrease its affect in Freeplay, but it will surely add another element of strategy to the racing.
The Winter Patch has also added an all-new Practice mode, where you can perfect your racing line endlessly against your best lap ghost. Multiplayer has also had a polish, with better collisions and connectivity – it’s now much easier to join your friends online.
The Winter Patch is available on PC and Xbox now, with a PlayStation 4 release coming in January 2022.
Circuit Superstars Winter Patch changelog:
- New Feature: Drafting (Slipstream)
- New Mode: Practice
- Single player & local co-op in-race restarts – you can now easily restart a race from the pause menu
Improvements to synchronization and collisions.
- We made significant improvements to the online gameplay experience of Circuit Superstars. The changes will have an impact on the experience of collisions, close contact racing, and how other cars appear on your screen. The game now has better handling of suboptimal network conditions, so overall your experience should be more reliable and, most importantly, more competitive. We tested these changes with our amazing community (thank you, everyone!) and we saw that our improvements made an impact across the board. We can’t wait to hear what your experiences are.
Join In Progress Games
- To help find full races more quickly we have made significant changes to our matchmaking. Now when you queue to find a game if there is an ongoing race that’s nearly done you will automagically join it. Whilst you wait for the next race to start you can do whatever you like (time trials, garage customization, etc.). You will automatically be moved to the race when it’s ready.
- Additionally you can join your friends whilst they are playing online at any time using the invite functionality. If they’re in a lobby you will join it. If they are in a race then you will automatically join them when they reach the next race. Magic!
- Introducing: Bullseye Speedway. Precision, persistence, endurance. These are some of the skills you will need to master to battle for the lead on our first ever oval in Circuit Superstars!
- Introducing: Impact & Stock Cars category What a better way to accompany the release of Bullseye Speedway than with the introduction of stock cars to Circuit Superstars? While the Impact is a beast that runs free on ovals, soon you will see that this new addition to our roster will challenge your skills with every existing track. We also accompanied the Impact with plenty of new liveries for you to lead the charge in style.
What do you think of the new Impact and Bullseye Speedway? Let us know in the comments below.