Last week we reported on Original Fire Games’ plans to release the long-awaited Summer update to its cutesy racing sim, Circuit Superstars. The developer teased a first look at a new Sprint Car, plus a dirt oval track to race it on, with further hints of an as-yet-unannounced second track.
Yesterday (16th August 2022), the team successfully launched the Hot Ride Summer Patch, confirming the identity of the mystery track as well as unveiling a host of fixes and improvements to the ever-evolving title. The update is available for PC and PlayStation users now, with the Xbox patch coming today (17th August 2022)
As well as the Poke Bowl circuit, the Summer Patch also adds the Sunny Side Park course to the game. Sunny Side Park has a fully sealed surface, featuring several challenging switchback turns. Arriving with just one layout, the course has been pitched as a “perfect starter track for new drivers” by the developers.
Poke Bowl, on the other hand, has a 100% dirt surface, where a ‘clean’ racing line dynamically forms as an event progresses. The track perfectly complements the newly added Sprint Car too, as these bewinged V8 brutes are frequently used in real-world dirt oval race series’ in the USA and Australia – most prominently in the World of Outlaws series.
As well as new content, Original Fire Games has added several other improvements to the game; including the addition of player names above vehicles; an online ranked progression system; slipstream effectiveness adjustments and other graphical fixes and optimisations.
Have you had a chance to try out the Sprint Car on Circuit Superstars’ brand-new tracks? Let us know in the comments below.
Circuit Superstars Hot Ride Summer Patch changelog
Tubular Sprint Car
- These roaring beasts bring on a whole new challenge for Circuit Superstars drivers. They thrive in their native Poke Bowl but we can’t wait to see what kind of combinations you will have fun with!
New Track: Poke Bowl
- Welcome to the Poke Bowl! A sunny destination on the coast of Hawai’i, home of the Tubular Sprint Cars! This incredibly short and fast oval is an addition unlike anything we’ve done before.
New Track: Sunny Side Park
- This elegant circuit was designed to be a didactic space, a perfect starter track for new drivers that is sure to deliver stunningly fast races for experienced drivers, as well.
- Your player card is now displayed in the Main Menu and during the start of online races. Your card lists your rank across Grand Prix, Online and Weekly Time Trials.
Online Ranked Progression
- Compete against others online to earn points and rank up the ladder. There are 20 ranks, leading all the way up to the last rank: Superstar!
- This new system will need your feedback and tuning as we prepare to introduce seasons soon. Be sure to let us know what you think!
Time Trial Ranks
- These challenges now contribute to a Time Trial Rank, shown on your Player Card. Competing each week adds points to your rank and gives you a new result each week as you compete vs other players worldwide.
Grand Prix Progression Update
- We revisited the design of this feature by adding new tournaments, improving the existing ones and adding a ranking system. You earn rank points by completing tournaments in different difficulties.
- We also added a new system to unlock tournaments as you progress. Note: If you have completed the GP mode before, there is a button to reset GP progress under the Extra Settings in the Settings menu.
- You can now exit tournaments and your progress will be saved from the last race you completed.
Names Above Cars
- Cars now feature player name tags above them, while the active player has an arrow indicating where they are. These can be seen in the podium, gameplay and replays! This feature can be toggled by default with right bumper / right shift.
- We have made significant performance improvements to our tracks and rendering. Players on lower end machines should experience improved performance.
Graphical improvements to tracks
- Lighting reworked as part of the optimization process.
- Rennvoort has flowers again.
- Most dirt surfaces now receive tire marks.
- Improvements to water lighting.
- Maximum Slipstream distance reduced from 45 to 35.
- Maximum Slipstream strength reduced by 15%.
- Car collision physics tuned, reduced torque resistance by 17%.
- New UI Sound Effects.
- Wider camera lens at top speed.
- Settings are now accessible in the Pause Menu