The new version 22.214.171.124 update – catchy name – for Reiza Studio’s PC racing simulator Automobilista 2 is now live, and it includes the new fictional Formula Ultimate Generation 2 and the 2022 Stock Car Pro Series.
Formula 1-2022 aping fictional single-seater
As we reported earlier this week, 4th April, the Formula Ultimate Generation 2 is a new fictional single-seater that implements a turbocharged hybrid V6 powertrain. Do the technical specs and design remind you of something?
This also means a revised Energy Recovery System (ERS) has been implemented for the platform that uses a modified MADNESS ENGINE. How much energy is recouped and deployed has now been refined to match the new open-wheeler, with five selectable modes: Off, Build, Balanced, Attack and the full-beans Qual.
New Brazilian track and 2022 liveries
Also as previewed a few days ago, the 2022 Stock Car Pro Series is now within Automobilista 2. That means all the current-season liveries, with the matching driver names and teams for the championship where Rubens Barrichello won the second round.
In addition to the latest designs, a new track has been added for free. The Galeão Airport Temporary Race Track. The airport has been transformed into a motorsport venue for the Stock Car Pro Series, and now AMS2 owners can experience it too.
The tyres and default setups for these vehicles have also been updated to suit this season.
As with every Automobilista 2 update, a suite of smaller changes has been implemented, which you can read below.
Automobilista 2 V126.96.36.199 V188.8.131.52 -> V184.108.40.206 RC update changelog
- Added Galeão Airport Temporary Race Track
- Added Stock Car Pro Series 2022 Season
- Added Formula Ultimate Gen2
- Corrected nationality flags for all default AI drivers + added new Sprint Race, F-USA, Super V8 entries fixing missing entries; revised performance levels of all AI drivers for all classes
- Fixed Lola 95i models being named without engine distinction & leading to mixed custom AI drivers
- UI safety rating data is now updated after rules download is complete
UI & HUD
- Added ICM option to modify ERS deployment mode
- Added option to configure how/when ICM menu position will reset on exit
- Added filter controls to photo screen and enabled photo tools in vehicle showroom
- Fixed sound playing when opening ICM menu
- Fixed missing environment data on championship event results screen
- Added F-USA Gen1 to formula class filter
- Livery name adjustments for Copa Classic B & FL for vehicle selection screen
- Adjusted oversteer/countersteer damping compensation
- Minor FFB adjustments to F-Retros Gen1 & F-Ultimate
- Added ERS deployment system with RPM and gear deployment maps
- Revised turbo model of F-Ultimate engines for slightly faster turbo spin-up & adjusted wastegate harvesting to suit
- Revised tires for Stock Car Corolla & Cruze 20/21/22 models & F-Ultimate, focused especially on stiffening tire carcass with more accurate damping rates
- Revised default setups for Stock Car 20/21/22 to suit latest tire developments
- F-Ultimate Gen1: Slightly adjusted brake torque
- F-Retro Gen1: Revised brake torque, revised default setup (setup reset recommended)
- Formula Trainer (both models): Revised brake torque, revised default setup (setup reset recommended); updated gearing
- F-Ultimate Revised turbo with smoother spool up for better driveability
- Added forced and unforced mistake logic for AI drivers
- Revised F-Ultimate V6 Hybrid turbo sounds
- Added beep DRS & shift protection notification events
- Reverted brake squeal mixer fader reduction back to old value
- Road America: Fixed a bug in RA (Bend) pit lane path; Reduced ai collisions at T5 during race starts
- Snetterton: LOD pass; Added variable crowd attendance per session Optimized pastoral fences; Fix lod on a7 building internal walls
- Azure Circuit 2021: Enabled option for rolling starts
- Jacarepagua Historic: Added variable crowd attendance per session; Updated HUD track map
- Interlagos (all layouts): Added variable crowd attendance per session; Updated HUD track map
- Hockenheim Historic 1977: Added variable crowd attendance per session; Adjusted HUD track map zoom level; Fine-tune AI fastline and corridors; Better rolling start AI behavior; Reduced high-frequency road noise physics; Object LOD fixes.
- Hockenheim Historic 1988: Added variable crowd attendance per session; Adjusted HUD track map zoom level; Fine-tuned AI fastline and corridors; Better rolling start AI behavior; Reduced high-frequency road noise physics; Object LOD fixes
- Spa-Francorchamps 2020: Minor LOD adjustments
- Silverstone 1975: Increased AI garage depth; Fastline and corridors fine-tuning for no-chicane layout
- Brands Hatch: Corrected a transparency sorting issue in foggy conditions (paddock hand rail material)
- F-V12: Added driver animations; Adjusted cockpit view. Fixed front wing UV mapping
- F-Trainer (both models): Fixed the driver shifing animation; Added vibrating mirrors on cockpit; Adjusted the cockpit view; Detached the gear shifter in the cockpit; Fixed the suspension geometry in the cockpit view.
- F-USA Gen1: Various livery updates
- F-Vee: Revised Driver animations; Detached the cockpit gear shifter; Adjusted the cockpit view
- Brabham BT44: Adjusted the driver feet position.
- Chevette: Revised driver animations; Detached the cokpit gear shifter
- Fusca (all models): Revised driver animations; Added vibrating mirror in the cockpit; Fixed the cockpit center mirror uvmap; Reduced the steering wheel radius and the driver seat to accommodate the driver; Detached the cockpit gear shifter
- Gol (all models): Revised driver animations; detached the cokpit gear shifter
- Uno (all models): Revised driver animations; detached the cokpit gear shifter
- Passat (all models): Revised driver animations; detached the cockpit gear shifter
- Puma GTB: Revised driver animations; detached the cockpit gear shifter.
- Puma GTE: Fixed the driver gear shifting animation
- Copa Montana: Added driver aniamtions; Detached the cockpit gear shifter; Fixed the cockpit center mirror; Remodeled the seat to fit the driver.
- Super V8: Revised Driver animations; Fixed the damage models on lods B/C/D; Detached the cockpit gear shifter; Adjusted the cockpit view
- Puma P052: Revised driver animations; detached and relocated the cockpit gear shifter.
- Ginetta G40 (both models): Fixed the driver gear shift animation
- Ginetta G55 (both models): Fixed the driver gear shift animation
- F-USA Gen 1 Fixed Reynard 95i rim colour overrides
- F-Ultimate (both gens): Added DRS lights
- Kart Shifter & Superkart: Completely redone the driver animations; Adjusted some visual gear shifter parameters.
- Opala: Fixed gauges textures & steering wheel axis issues
- Sigma P1: Added 3 new liveries
Automobilista 2 V220.127.116.11 update changelog
- Added Stock Car Seasons 2021 & 2022 championships
- Added Formula Ultimate Gen2 car
UI & HUD
- Added control assignment help text
- Fixed text wrapping on strategy/setup labels of session overview in Spanish localisation
- Added distinct vehicle selection logos for F-Trainer, Caterhams & Copa Classic classses
- Further updates to Stock Car tire carcass & tread
- Minor adjustment to F-Ultimate Gen2 tread
- Globally reduced wet / street tires sensitivity to water
- F-USA Gen1: Adjusted FFB max force for both models
- Sigma P1: Adjusted RPM critical range for lifetime for improved reliability
- R-Retro G3 TE: Flattened wastegate map so it uses the same pressure limit at all RPMs (limit set by boost pressure %)
- F-Ultimate (both gens): Added anti-lag system to turbo & and slightly adjusted its properties
- Sigma P1: Minor default setup adjustments (setup reset recommended)
- F-Ultimate (both gens) Adjusted AI tire rolling resistance for more balance straightline speed vs player
- Added real driver names to Stock Car seasons 1979, 1986 & 1999
- Adjusted turbo sounds for F-Classics and F-Retro TE
- F-Ultimate Gen1 sounds is now same as Gen2
- Galeao: added marbles, night lights in the paddock area, adjusted LOD values for few objects; added real historic weather data
- Hockenheim Historic 2001: Add variable crowd attendance per session; Adjust HUD track map zoom level; New AI fastline and fine-tuned corridors; Better rolling start AI behavior; Reduced high-frequency road noise physics; Object LOD fixes
- Caterham (all classes): Added dirt map; Adjusted carbon material mapping (ch3) for dirt; Added vibrating bits on the cockpit
- Metalmoro MRX P2: Added 3 new liveries
- Metalmoro AJR: Fixed cycling between empty Motec display pages
- F-Ultimate Gen2: Added new display with ERS bar; minor cockpit mesh corrections; Corected fuel data; added livery overrides
- Chevette: Added dirt map; Adjusted the shift gaiter rigging
- Added DRS LEDs to F-Reiza, Metalmoro AJR & Sigma P1