All of the updates we’ve been promised from Reiza Studios is finally here. Automobilista 2 V18.104.22.168 dropped on Saturday (27th November) with pretty much everything we expected from the numerous updates and blogs regarding the updated content.
Headlining the changelog are the additions of the cars from their recent side project, the Volkswagen TSI Cup by Acelerados demo. Both the Volkswagen Polo and the Volkswagen Virtus have been added to the TSI Cup class. On top of that, a laser-scanned edition of Azure, which is AMS2’s name for Monaco, is also included for free.
Also included are the physics, force feedback and AI adjustments that were outlined in both halves of the Reiza dev updates. The Multiplayer rating system beta is also live. They stuck by their word and were able to get these fixes and additions out by the end of the week, as promised.
All of the changes, including updates in the UI, HUD and audio, as well as some fixes for specific tracks and vehicles, are included below. No word just yet on the second pack of the Racin’ USA DLC, but hopefully that releases soon as well. Check out the changelog and let us know what you think!
- Added Volkswagen Polo & Virtus to TSI Cup class
- Added updated Azure 2021 (replacing old Azure)
- Added support for customizing AI driver names & personalities (See Information for Customizing AI drivers in AMS2 V1.3 for details)
- Minor revisions to shadow cascading parameters, slightly improving shadow quality especially for HIGH and lower settings
UI & HUD
- Added driver profile statistics page
- Added minimum rating information to server browser
- Lobby Page: Condensed mutually exclusive icons to one field; Switched to short vehicle names; Added player rank information.
- Extended player interaction pop-up to include remote player profile information; Added Steam profile link and friend request button.
- Added Full variant tachometer (default option for new profiles)
- Reordered vehicles by names/numbers in the vehicle selection screen
- Revised & corrected all UI vehicle information, addressing several innacuracies
- Updated label of Exit to Main Menu button on multiplayer session results screen
- Fixed session overview and pre-event menu alignment
- Fixed race session settings being incorrectly displayed on test day session overview
- Added DEFAULT+ profile
- Exposed FFB gain per vehicle to FFB script files.
- Adjusted base gyro/damping FFB calculations
- Reduced FFB parking force multiplier to minimise rattling when standing still
- Extensive revisions to all tires & driveline models, with several corrections & improvements; the driveline updates include addition of elasticity moelling & fixing a bug clutch LSD preload calculation
- Revised ABS & Traction Control slip ranges & scaling
- Adjusted camber & toe step increments (now all camber & toe adjustments are +/- 0.1 degrees in cars that weren´t already set to that standard
- Revised default setups of all cars to a more suitable baseline
- Revised body drag coefficients of Sprint Race, Caterhams (all models) Caterhams, F-Classics, BMW M6 & M8
- Revised Ginetta G55 setup & aero distribution
- R-Retro Gen1: Moved diffuser center of pressure slightly forward
- Sprint Race: Slightly reduced brake torque, increased body drag coefficient, minor CoG height adjustment
- F-Vee: Reduced baseline steering lock by 1.5 deg
- Adjusted Super V8 FFB smoothing, wheel rates, raised default tire pressure
- Revised drag coefficients for
- GT3: Revised baseline rear downforce for all models for more accurate aero balance
- Ginetta G55: Revised default setup & aero distribution; Slightly reduced brake torque & default bias
- Sprint Race: Minor CoG height, diffuser adjustments Slightly reduced brake torque & adjusted default brake bias
- BMW M4: Minor default setup adjustments & aero revision, slightly reduced pneumatic trail
- Corvette C3: Revised driveline & suspension geometry
- Montana: Minor aero revisions
- Porsche Cup: Minor rear wing & default setup revisions
- Porsche Cayman GT4: Corrected error switching damper rates to non-existent fast dampers
- Revised BMW M6 / M8 body drag coefficent (contributes to BoP)
- General AI calibration for all cars (further fine-tuning still in order)
- Bathurst: Revised AI performance
- Adjusted AI Grip multipliers for Kansai, Oulton, Nurburgring, Donington, Santa Cruz, Spa 1993 to minimise gaps to player performance based on spreadsheet results
- Adjusted AI corner cut scale to reduce corner cutting by the AI
- Adjusted F1 AI field spread
- Adjusted GT AI brake distance offset
- Updated tires´ road rolling sounds (slightly “drier” with less “windy” artifacts in it.
- Updated samples for external camera instead of filtered sample for dry / wet road sounds.
- Revised AJR Nissan V6 engine
- Porsche GT3-R: Fixed issue where transmission became inaudible off throttle
- Porsche Cup: Corrected surface sounds
- Mclaren 720S: Fixed missing traction control sound
- Adjusted traction control sounds
- Virginia: Several graphical and physical corrections; Minor AI tweaks (North pit layouts); Adjusted brake marker positioning
- VeloCitta: Further track adjustments according to latest reference material
- Bathurst: Fixed hotel railing transparency in fog conditions.
- Kyalami Historic: Fixed red building zfight, Crowds LODs, some minor static object LOD pops; minor Z-Fight in treeline
- Campo Grande, Ibarra, Imola, Imola 1972, Imola 1988, Imola 2001: 3d crowd LOD fixes
- Goiania: Minor LOD fixes
- Monza 1991: Fix hole in grass at Della Roggia Chicane
- Mercedes E190 DTM: Fixed windscreen issue
- Caterhams: Fixed right front cockpit tire spinning the wrong way
- Copa Montana: Fixed sticker LOD issue
- Chevette: Textures updates & fixed light issue
- Puma GTB: Fixed cockpit external mirror flickering
- Porsche 911 RSR: Corrected cockpit camera position
- Corvette C3: Corrected cockpit camera position
- F-Classic G3M1: Fixed RPM display bar
- Passat HC: Fixed bonnet camera position
- Sprintrace: Corrected RPM lights
- Kart Shifter: Corrected RPM lights
- Corrected look back camera for: ARC Camaro, F-Classics (all models), F-Retro V12, Lotus72E, Metalmoro MRX P4, McLaren F1 LM
- BMW M6 GT3: Fixed display lap time issue
- F-Trainer Advenced: Fixed cockpit dashboard issue