It was only last month that Forza Horizon 5 added a second new Horizon Story to the fold with Horizon Origins. The second additive brought a wave of nostalgia as players were able to relive the history of the franchise through it. Well, get over it folks, we now have a third new Horizon Story to partake in.
In conjunction with Donut Media, Forza Horizon 5’s latest Horizon Story is dubbed Donut Media @ Horizon and features a five-chapter story that introduces a new way to upgrade cars in the title.
The story comes with a new area – the Donut Media Test Track – where players will be tasked with building up cars to take on driving challenges, where they’ll be able to convert a Classic Muscle car or a Retro Sports Car into a Rally Machine through the new upgrading methods.
Three cars will be part of the story for this new process, including the 1993 Ford SVT Cobra R, 1993 Nissan 240 SX SE and the 1977 Pontiac Firebird Trans AM, the last of which is the reward car for completing the story during the Donut Media festival.
James Pumphrey and Nolan Sykes from Donut Media are part of the story, having been scanned in and had lines voiced for it. They’ll be the ones talking you through the challenges along the way.
The cool part about this particular mode is that it can be replayed and experienced in multiple ways. Restarting the second chapter will reset the following three chapters as well so players can get a fresh experience each time.
There will also be some accolades included with the partnership, all relating to the Donut Media content. Completing some of them will also yield Donut Media-related rewards.
Forza Horizon 5 Donut Media achievements
|Mo Powa!||Complete the Horizon, meet Donut chapter of ‘Donut Media @ Horizon’||1500||Legendary Clothing – Donut Media Yellow Relaxed Tee|
|Real Mechanic Stuff||Complete the The Test Track chapter of ‘Donut Media @ Horizon’||1500|
|In the Zone||Complete the HRSPRS chapter of ‘Donut Media @ Horizon’||1500||Legendary Clothing – Donut Media Black Cap|
|Joy of Cars||Complete the Rally Up! chapter of ‘Donut Media @ Horizon’||1500|
|Verses||Complete the The Donut Showdown chapter of ‘Donut Media @ Horizon’||1500||Legendary Clothing – Donut Media Black Bomber Jacket|
|Donut Stop The Rally||Complete all chapters of ‘Donut Media @ Horizon’||500||Car – Firebird Trans AM GTA Forza Edition|
|Donut Give Up||Earn 3 stars in all chapters of ‘Donut Media @ Horizon’||500||Legendary Clothing – Donut Media Modern Race Helmet|
|Donut Media Collector||Own the 2020 Lynk & Co #100 Cyan Racing 03, 1965 Morris Mini-Traveller, 1946 Ford Super Deluxe Station Wagon and the 1953 Morris Minor Series II Traveler||1000|
The game update will load in on 8th November, and will include some key areas that have been improved, including the following list from the Forza Horizon team:
Forza Horizon 5 8th November update changelog
- New resolution scaling options for NVIDIA DLSS Super Resolution, NVIDIA DLAA and AMD FSR 2, as well as enhanced DirectX Raytracing pre-sets for PC players have been added. We have more details on these features and how they work below.
- Cars are now sorted Alphabetically in the “Car Type” section when players are browsing their Garage in the “My Cars” interface.
- Fixed an issue that caused the chosen Steering Wheel Input Mapping layout to revert to its default settings after restarting the title on PC.
- Further improvements have been made to alleviate incorrect percentages being displayed on the Props Budget UI in the EventLab Blueprint Builder.
- Horizon Origins will no longer prompt players to set a route when starting the game or travelling from Hot Wheels Park to Mexico.
- The hat in the Tankito Doritos Outfit now correctly displays the Doritos brand logo on top.
- Improvements to localized VOs in Horizon Stories.
Donut Media @ Horizon starts next Thursday, 10th November, as the next Horizon festival period begins. Keep it pinned here at Traxion.GG every Forza Thursday. We’ll breakdown each week of the Festival Playlist as it begins for all the knowledge you need on it.