After a nail-biting finish to the opening round of the 2022 DTM Esports Championship at Imola – where racing esports titans Kevin Siggy and Moritz Löhner locked horns – the championship moves to its spiritual home, Germany.
As it will be throughout the season, the DTM Esports Championship will utilise RaceRoom Racing Experience and the newly released DTM Car Pack – including, for the first time, the Ferrari 488.
That means a close grid of modified GT3 machinery, driven by some of the world’s best virtual racing talent.
Alongside the aforementioned Siggy and Löhner, current ADAC Esports championship leader and Le Mans Virtual Series Cup runner-up Christopher Högfeldt is looking to secure a first DTM GT3-era race win, while Remus GT3 Champion Jack Keithley, Ferrari Esports finalist Isaac Price and German GT Academy Winner Marc Gassner are also in contention.
With entries from Team Redline, Team Fordzilla, R8G Esports, Dörr Esports and BMW G2 Esports, the driving standards are high and the competition is close.
29 cars will take to the tricky Norisring, a Bavarian street circuit known for its tight Grundig-Kehre hairpin, scenes of dramatic real-world action during last year’s DTM finale.
The format for this season is a Sprint Race followed by a longer Endurance Race in each round, with two brief qualifying sessions to set the grid.
Tune in to the Traxion.GG YouTube channel at 7.15 pm CET/6.15 pm GMT on Thursday 24th March to see if the whole field makes it through that corner without incident…
2022 DTM ESPORTS CHAMPIONSHIP STANDINGS AFTER ROUND 1
- Kevin Siggy – 80 points
- Moritz Löhner – 75 points
- Isaac Price – 49 points
- Leonard Krippner – 48 points
- Christopher Högfeldt – 46 points
2022 DTM ESPORTS CHAMPIONSHIP SEASON SCHEDULE
Race #1 Imola 10th March 2022
Race #2 Norisring 24th March 2022
Race #3 Lautsitzring 7th April 2022
Race #4 Spa-Francorchamps 10th April 2022
Race #5 Red Bull Ring 21st April 2022
Race #6 Portimão 28th April 2022
2022 DTM ESPORTS CHAMPIONSHIP SEASON ENTRY LIST
- Adam Pinczes – Arnage Competition – Ferrari 488 GT3 Evo 2020
- Alessandro Ottaviani – R8G Esports – Ferrari 488 GT3 Evo 2020
- Alexander Dornieden – MRS Esports – BMW M6 GT3
- Attilla Diner – MRS Esports – Ferrari 488 GT3 Evo 2020
- Axel Vermeylen – Virtualdrivers by TX3 – Ferrari 488 GT3 Evo 2020
- Christopher Högfeldt – R8G Esports – Ferrari 488 GT3 Evo 2020
- David Nagy – M1RA Esports – Ferrari 488 GT3 Evo 2020
- Florian Hasse – Dörr Esports – BMW M6 GT3
- Gianmarco Fiduci – Team Fordzilla – Ferrari 488 GT3 Evo 2020
- Isaac Price – Privateer – BMW M6 GT3
- Jack Keithley – Williams Esports – Mercedes AMG GT3
- Kevin Siggy – Team Redline – Ferrari 488 GT3 Evo 2020
- Leon Rüdinger – Arnage Competition – BMW M6 GT3
- Leonard Krippner – Dörr Esports – BMW M6 GT3
- Luciano Witvoet – Ballas Esports – Ferrari 488 GT3 Evo 2020
- Manuel Rodriguez – Topes de Gama Racing Team – Porsche 911 GT3 R
- Marc Gassner – MRS Esports – BMW M6 GT3
- Marko Pejic – Veloce Esports – Mercedes AMG GT3
- Matija Markovic – MRS Esports – Ferrari 488 GT3 Evo 2020
- Max Pfeifer – MRS Esports – Mercedes AMG GT3
- Michael Rächl – Dörr Esports – Mercedes AMG GT3
- Moritz Löhner – Dörr Esports – BMW M6 GT3
- Petr Pliska – Team Fordzilla – AMG GT3
- Ralf Piringer – Privateer – Audi R8 LMS Evo GT3
- Tim Jarschel – MRS Esports – AMG GT3
- Alex Mosin – Ballas Esports – Ferrari 488 GT3
- Florian Bodin – Privateer – Ferrari 488 GT3
- Julien Fox – TR Powered by Geekz Energy – BMW M6 GT3