Exciting times! On the very same day we announced our partnership with the rFactor 2 GT Pro Series we’ve got its live car draft ahead of next week’s first race.
You can watch it live via our YouTube channel or Facebook page, and even embedded above in this very post. It kicks off at 20:00 CET / 19:00 GMT / 14:00 EST / 11:00 PST, Monday 1st March 2021.
Previously, the Callaway Corvette C7 was popular amongst Season 2 competitors, due to what they believed was favourable BoP. The recent changes to the performance of the GT3 vehicles should help with a more varied grid.
How does the GT Pro Series Draft work?
- Each driver gets 2 minutes to pick a car
- Each driver is allowed to pick any car regardless of amount of previous picks
- Each pick of the same GT3 car gets 10kg of ballast weight added
- When a car hits 40kg ballast weight, each additional pick will stay at 40kg
- Ballast weight is counted car by car
rFactor 2 GT Pro Series 2021 event calendar
- 1st March 2021: Car draft
- 8th March 2021: Imola
- 22nd March 2021: Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps (late afternoon/early evening)
- 5th April 2021: Silverstone GP
- 19th April 2021: Nürburgring (no chicane)
- 3rd May 2021: Sebring
- 17th May 2021: Indianapolis
Let us know via social media after the Draft event what you thought of the process and will it provide a more varied grid?