Sebring International Raceway has received a visual facelift in the latest rFactor 2 update, and man, does it look so good.
The first track in rFactor 2 that was laser scanned, the current layout of Sebring was introduced to the service in 2018 with the most realistic feel, due to the exact measurements and capabilities at that time.
Just like with the Physically Based Rendering (PBR) updates for Lime Rock Park last month, the same sentiment of realistic light flow in the environment with the PBR updates to Sebring. In other words, this track looks even more realistic now with the PBR updates that simulate proper lighting techniques. It’s amazing how far technology has come.
Sebring is additional content to the game that’s not included in the base, so if you don’t already own the track, it is available on Steam for only $10.92. If you do own it already, the track merely needs to be updated, and that will be at no additional cost.
Sebring International Raceway v1.29 Changelog
- Full update to PBR on all assets and materials.
- Remodeled and updated Hotel.
- Updated Spectator and Foliage materials.
- Added various updated support and rescue vehicles.
- Reviewed Visgroup settings for more optimal performance on Medium/Low details.
- Minor adjustment to AI line at T10.
- Fixed Inconsistent Pit Exit placement.
- Fixed issues with shadows on tire barriers.
Speaking of laser scanning, the rFactor crew also recently scanned Autodromo Nazionale di Monza and will have that available at some point this year. Stay tuned over here at Traxion for more rFactor 2 coverage.