The latest version of RiMS Racing brings the PC via Steam version of the game to Version 1.3 as of 21st September. An update was issued on Tuesday and it improves upon some of the features that we were not so enamored with during our Traxion review.
The “madder than a box of frogs” AI performance as we previously said, along with the unclear User Interface, things like the minimap HUD colors and general readability, have all been looked at and updated in this patch. Several bugs have also been squashed, but this is only pertaining to Steam users on PC.
The tweet does claim additional improvements are coming to consoles soon after, so we’ll hope that they are merely just putting the focus on fixing one before sending out unfinished fixes across the board. There have been zero updates issued to console players yet, not even the last patch earlier in the month.
Check out the complete changelog below, and as always, let us know what you think in the comments below.
- “Hide” function added in order to improved Inventory/Shop readability
- AI performances optimizations
- Improved icon readability in the Motorbike Mechanics section
- Improved HUD minimap colours
- Improved discount manager perk efficiency
- Autosaves logic has been reorganized in order to prevent save corruption issues
- R&D Management objectives are now reset correctly after a Career restart
- Fixed icon on Private Testing leaderboards
- Audio memory usage optimizations
- Fixed “The Star” description and unlock logic
- Custom joypad presets are now working as intended after booting the game
- Fixed a crash that occurred accepting an invite during an Online Challenge
- Fixed a crash that occurred accepting an invite during Career tutorial bike selection
- Minor graphical fixes on Million Dollar Highway track
- Fixed a text issue on the Anti-Wheelie explanation
- Fixed a specific crash occurring in the R&D Management area
- Custom joypad button configurations are now saved as expected
- Custom exhausts sound are now played as expected in the showroom area
- Several HUD and cockpits graphical fixes
- Fixed a crash that occurred on the Motorbike Mechanics scrollbar
- Loading screen hints counter now is working as expected
- Fixed ghost management when no ghost data is available on the leaderboards
- “Where there’s a will there’s a way” now unlocks as expected