Hotfix 1.8.11 for Assetto Corsa Competizione addresses several small items that have come to light in recent times, most importantly an alleged negative toe exploit.
In the ever-competitive sim racing scene, finding the maximum performance is essential and sometimes that can mean working out how to ‘exploit’ car setups.
This new update for the official game of the SRO-organised GT World Challenge championships should now remove the ‘free speed’ that was supposedly gained by setting all suspension toe angles to the maximum negative value. In this instance, described as a ‘negative toe acceleration issue’.
The talented team at developer Kunos Simulazioni has continued its work on the tyre model, track limit warnings and yellow flag implementation too.
As for if these changes bring about the desired results, the sim racing community will no doubt find out over the coming weeks – but stopping such workarounds will always be a moving target for all developers.
Assetto Corsa Competizione Hotfix 1.8.11 changelog
- Fixed a potential issue with cars in pitlane triggering yellow flags
- Fixed an issue with Hotlap session resetting setup when being restarted from outside the track
- Tyre model fine tuning
- Fixed negative toe acceleration issue
- Fixed BMW M4 GT4 wet setups 0 wing and ducts
- Fixed wet track limits and adjusted thresholds
- Revised erroneous corner exemptions with track limit warnings on a number of tracks
- Missing minimum driving requirement in team races now results in a SG30 rather than a Disqualification
- Fixed potential stutters with font cache reloading.