The first post-release update for Monster Energy Supercross 6 has landed, and it adds some new Rhythm Attack features.
Alongside a revised career mode and a new open-world Supercross Park environment, the sixth official instalment also debuted a Rhythm Attack mode, where two riders go side-by-side over a series of bumps, jumps and whoops.
Each race is short, and in a straight line, where timing your whips and scrubs can be crucial. However, the feature sat alone and felt underused.
However, thanks to a new update available 23rd March 2023, a new track has been added to this section, entitled ‘Champions’ Raceway’ alongside the option of being able to run a four-round Rhythm tournament.
Multiplayer options have also expanded, as you can now race in this mode using split-screen.
Speaking of which, while you could already run single races with two local players, not only can you now participate in Rhythm events together, you can complete a full 250 or 250 championship in split screen.
There have also been some small stability improvements, the full changelog is listed below, and the patch is available for PlayStation and Xbox. We’re glad that this latest game mode to the Supercross series of games has seen some love, let us know in the comments below if you’ve tried it.
Monster Energy Supercross 6 March 2023 update changelog
PS4 (EU e US): 01.03 – PS5 (EU e US): 01.004.000 – Xbox (ONE e Series X|S): 18.104.22.168
- Added Rhythm Attack: Course 3 “Champions’ Raceway”.
- A new Straight Rhythm has been added to the available tracks for Rhythm Attack!
- Added Rhythm Attack: Tournament game mode.
- A new way to experience the Rhythm Attack: fight your way in a 4-rounds Tournament and come out on top!
- Added Rhythm Attack: Split screen mode.
- Challenge your friends face-to-face on the Straight Rhythm tracks!
- Added: Split Screen championship mode.
- Challenge your friends face-to-face in an official 450 or 250 championship!
- Improved: Monster Girl characters.
- Fix on championship save
- Fixed a bug where players could not continue their Career after selecting Rookie-West chapter.
- Improved online stability.
- Fixed a bug where using voice chat would randomly crash an online lobby.
- Various fixes and improvements.
- Fixed a bug where the game would crash upon ending a Coach Challenge in a specific point of the Supercross Park.
- Fixed a bug where the game would not correctly translate the Reward page after a Supercross Academy lesson.