Yes, that’s right, owners of the racing experience game Automobilista 2 have received yet another dose of tasty, updated content.
As per usual, there’s a whole host of small updates to the game, but this time around you also get treated to some new vehicles as the Brazilian Stock Car Series from 2021 has been added to the game. A very timely addition, not many games have managed to get a 2021 season released yet so early into the year.
Two cars are available: the Chevrolet Cruze Stock Car 2021 and the Toyota Corolla Stock Car 2021. Each has a suite of liveries and the driver lineup is quite frankly, incredible. It includes Caca Bueno, Felipe Massa, Rubens Barrichello, Tony Kanaan, Matias Rossi, Ricardo Zonta and Nelson Piquet Jr. Now, that’s a strong national championship!
If you are the owner of a Logitech G923 steering wheel, you will now receive enhanced feedback thanks to changes to how AMS2 handles the TrueForce system. Further refinements have been made to the force feedback system in general and small AI adjustments.
For those using VR, which is one of the big benefits to AMS2 when compared to the first title, you can now use trackside cameras at Snetterton 300 & VIR Full. As ever, we’ve included the full list below, but for now, we’re off to try the new Stock Cars.
Automobilista 2 V188.8.131.52 CHANGELOG
- Added Stock Car 2021 series
UI & HUD
- Fixed AI name occasionally disappearing from list in session timing board
- Fixed name text being partially clipped in session timing board
- Added missing DRS on trackmaps of circuits featuring DRS zones (Azure, Hockenheim, Imola, Kansai, Montreal, Nurburgring, Silverstone, Spa-Francorchamps, Spielberg)
PHYSICS & FFB
- Further tweaks and cleanup of new TrueForce device and Logitech sdk support
- Added pneumatic trail, caster trail, rar wheels forces as customizable variables FFB script
- Fixed in-session per vehicle FFB adjustments not being maintained when restarting a sessionRevised F-Retro tires
- Minor tire tread adjustments for F-Vintage, F-Trainer, GT3, P1, intermediate & wet compounds
- Initial pass on tire wear revisions for various compounds (WIP)
- Adjusted splitter / Front Wing height sensitivity for Group A, F-Vintage, F-Classic, Copa Classic, Hot Cars, Ginetta G58, Camaro GT4R, F-Trainer, Superkart, ARC Camaro
- Corrected error on Opala differentials introduced in the previous build which led to it not being fully open
- Adjusted Ginetta G58 damper rates
- Adjusted pneumatic trail for Porsches & F-Vintages
- Reduced pitch & yaw sensitivity for Group C cars
- Adjusted Procar default rear ARB & clutch setting
- Minor timing adjustments to F-Ultimate gearbox
- Further callibration of AI wet weather performance
- Further customized AI brake distance offsets per car
- Minor Bathurst AI Grip adjustments
- Updated SprintRace transmission whine
- Updated Porsche 911 GT1 engine & turbo sound
- Updated McLaren F1 LM: engine sound
- Cascais: Minor art & performance pass
- Silverstone: Minor art & performance pass
- Added VR trackside cams to Snetterton 300 & VIR Full
- Added rainblockers to indoor section of Speedland kart layouts
- Updated trackside ads for Interlagos & Goiania
- Super V8: Fixed incorrect team names
- Stock Corolla: Fixed Brake disc visual glitch
- Omega StockCar: Fixed the RF wheel arch edge loops
- Fixed base windscreen textures to fix white windscreen problem on some cars when users turn on livery overrides