A fresh gameplay trailer once again shows off the new vehicle types, such as motorcycles, and the multiple surface types – plus the always stunning Unreal Engine visuals. But, crucially, further gameplay details in the form of new game modes have been showcased.
- Elimination – the player in last place is removed from the race every few seconds
- Drift Master – score points for controlling lurid slides
- Waypoint – Explore the track environments in a semi-open-world format, finding markers to complete the event
- Grab the Gears – Online multiplayer event where the person who’s collected the most ‘gears’ wins
- Clash Derby – Online multiplayer event in Monster Trucks in a demolition derby-style format
Unlike 2021’s first game in the series, which has gone on to sell over one million copies, the career mode will have some form of story. So far, little is known, but the latest footage reveals a brief snippet of the cartoon-inspired aesthetic.
What we do know is that a Professor Tanabe character has accidentally released several creatures into the wild, with Robert, Darla and robotic assistant XR046 trying to save the day.
Hot Wheels Unleashed 2 – Turbocharged will be released for PC, PlayStation, Switch and Xbox on 19th October 2023.