Hot Wheels Unleashed 2 – Turbocharged is a technically solid game. Building on the foundations of the first title by Milestone to recreate diecast vehicles, we didn’t have any major technical gremlins when playing it through for review.
That being said, with such a vast game releasing across multiple platforms at once, there was always bound to be some necessary post-release tweaks. The game’s first update provides just that.
Available now everywhere, it’s entitled PS4 (01.04), PS5 (01.004), Xbox One ( 220.127.116.11.) Xbox Series S/X (18.104.22.168), Switch EU/US (1.0.2), Switch Asia (1.0.3).
The main change is for cross-platform online multiplayer, where there’s a chance some players may have the same username. In that instance, the game will now apply a number to the player profiles to distinguish them. A bug where the incorrect vehicle was selected for these races is also said to have been squashed.
There’s also a fix to the Eliminator mode, which could sometimes fail to finish and some event and task descriptions have been revised based on community feedback.
Otherwise, it’s all small fry here, which is a testament to just how solid the title is – in our experience on PS5, anyway, let us know your thoughts in the comments or via social media. Now the game is readily available, expect the deluge of DLC to start right about… now!
Hot Wheels Unleashed 2 Turbocharged, 26th October update changelog
• Added an alphanumeric code to the player profile in online matches in order to identify players with the same user name during online cross play sessions.
• Improved the minimap UI of “Clash Derby” and “Grab the Gears” game modes: icons are no longer cut on the edge of the minimap, making it easier to read them.
• Added more “Secret” rarity and “Add-on” vehicles to the available filters in the “Collection” page
• Added an option to maintain the original rims in the Livery Editor.
• Improved texturing and lighting of the “Clash Derby” arena.
• Fixed the Automatic Closure feature not working when editing a branch of a split track in the Track Editor .
• Fixed a bug that forced the wrong vehicle in online matches if chosen in the online main page.
• Fixed a bug where the Elimination race do not finish if the player remains alone with no other opponents.
• Fixed some tracks showing the wrong suggested vehicle category in the “Track Selection” page.
• Fixed a bug that caused a module SFX to loop in the “Track Selection” page.
• Fixed the party overlay visible over the Player Profile visualization page.
• Improved some “Unleashed Missions” description to make them more clear.
• Fixed the “Success Story” Mission unlocking condition.
• Added the “Shared Content” button when viewing a player profile.
• Fixed a bug that caused problems with the boost using a specific combination of perks with some vehicles.
• Fixed the accessibility options not working in “City Rumble” Elimination mode events.
• Minor fixes to the UI