Last week we reported on the Electronic Arts community forum post that listed all the major fixes the Codemasters development team was working through on F1 23.
Now, 27th June 2023, the final changelog for the game’s first major post-release update has been published, and we’re happy to report it features most of the proposed fixes.
In particular with red flags – a feature that is seen in an official Formula 1 video game for the first time since 2014 – should now show the correct finishing positions, Logitech TrueForce wheel feedback support activated (for PC and PlayStation in this patch, Xbox presumably at a later date) and equal car performance during a two-player career implemented.
In addition, several frame rate-related issues are set to be addressed, such as when racing at night or when switching between ‘performance’ and ‘quality’ modes on Xbox Series X. 25 per cent-length races will now feature functioning safety cars and formation laps.
Minor elements, such as the branding of the Alpine Driver Academy, are also set to be addressed.
Meanwhile, the list of tweaks currently being investigated has grown to include elements such as Community Grand Prix post-event asset and goal-locks, force feedback issues across various devices and the hard compound tyre being unavailable after sprint events in the two-player career mode. The EA friends list being blank for those with a large following remains, for now.
The full changelog for version 1.05 across PC, PlayStation and Xbox is below. It’s set for release ‘this week’ and we’ll post to our social media channels when it becomes available.
EA SPORTS F1 23 Version 1.05 update changelog
- Fixed an issue where Two Player Career was incorrectly using equal performance instead of realistic performance
- Fixed an issue where Safety Car and Formation Lap were disabled in 25% short race distances
- Fixed an issue where players could be removed from Multiplayer lobbies when interacting with some system menus
- Fixed an issue where some players could experience FPS drops at night races
- Fixed an issue where cars would incorrectly collide when the setting ‘Collisions off for first lap only’ was enabled
- Fixed an issue where the game would crash with an additional career F2 save active
- Fixed an issue where finishing positions would be incorrect after a Red Flag
- Fixed an issue where TrueForce was not applied for Logitech wheels on Playstation and PC
- Fixed an issue where the car would hit a wall driving out of the 11th garage at Monaco causing damage
- Fixed an issue where switching between ‘Performance’ and ‘Quality’ graphics modes caused FPS issues on Xbox Series X
- Fixed an issue when an F1 World goal expires while a bonus goal is active resulting in an error message
- Corrected the ‘Renault Driver Academy’ to the ‘Alpine Driver Academy’ in Single Player Career
- Fixed an issue where, with certain settings enabled, the Virtual Rear View Mirror would be present when looking backwards
- Fixed an issue where sponsors decals would not appear on race suits and helmets in My Team
- Fixed an issue where players were getting stuck on the grid in Chapter 7 in Braking Point
- Fixed an issue where the strategy change after damage wouldn’t appear on the Voice Command display
- General Stability Improvements
- Various Minor Fixes
Update, 28th June 2023
The version 1.05 update for F1 23 is now available, as per the changelog above, across all platforms. Have fun!