F1 2021 1.12 patch adds Imola, special Red Bull livery
A host of additions and updates were brought to F1 2021 on Wednesday in the v1.12 patch. The patch clocks in at just under 4 GB, but includes even more free content for all users.
Headlining the content patch is the free inclusion of one Autodromo Internazionale Enzo e Dino Ferrari circuit, better known as Imola. This is the second track to release on the new Formula 1 video game since it’s launch back in July, the first of which was Portimão. We also know that the Jeddah Street Circuit is coming next month.
Last week, we also had a special livery reveal for Red Bull Racing Honda which was helped by the F1 2021 game. The white-based scheme ran last weekend at the Turkish Grand Prix, and in Wednesday’s update, it’s been added to the game for players to wheel around a limited time.
There were a slew of other livery updates in this patch, updating logos and placements for a better representation of schemes in the 2021 season. For those who don’t own the game on Xbox or PlayStation, there is a free trial available in your respective virtual game stores.
Check out all of the changes listed for the 1.12 patch, just in time for the start of the 2021 F1 Esports Series season later today. Let us know your thoughts on the latest updates in the comments below. Keep it pinned!
- Imola has been added to the game
- Visual sports update including the special Red Bull livery as seen in the 2021 Turkish GP
- Esports Pit Release option has been added to multiplayer sessions
- Added support for the Fanatec CSL DD Base
- Added support for AMD FSR and CACAO
- Fixed an issue where the game information received by the host in an online session from a client machine resulted in the following issues: incorrect positional information for other players, stuttering and lag on the host machine, cars driving the wrong way in the pitlane and cars appearing on top of one another on the spectator feed.
- Addressed an issue where players would sometimes fail to connect to an online session
- Added a visible timeout to multiplayer sessions so that lobbies will not be unnecessarily held up while loading
- Addressed an issue where the lap counter could appear incorrect for spectators after a formation lap
- Addressed a crash that could occur when entering a weekly event after a network error
- Addressed an issue where the host being invited back to the session after a host migration could result in an error
- Portimao and Imola have been added to the Beginner and Experienced Social Play templates
- Addressed a handling exploit in lower speed corners
- Addressed an issue where user’s customisation could be locked as Carlos Sainz
- Addressed an issue where dials could be missing from the Ferrari wheel after adjusting camera settings
- Addressed an issue where users could incorrectly receive a penalty at the end of a Virtual Safety Car period
- Adjusted various kerbs in Bahrain, Monza and China
- Addressed various terrain holes on Bahrain and China
- Addressed an issue where changing shutter speed in Photo Mode could cause the image to be distorted
- Addressed an issue where floor damage could be accumulated on Spa-Francorchamps
- Leaderboard percentage ranking has been re-added to Time Trial
- Made improvements to AI yielding behaviour so they no longer match the player pace when not on a flying lap
- Addressed an issue where resetting camera customisation to default would only apply to TV-Pod camera
- Addressed an issue where it could be difficult to exit the pits in Baku as Williams without crossing the white line on the pit exit
- Addressed an issue where UDP data was not being broadcast on Xbox Series consoles
- Addressed an issue where retiring in the garage could cause a yellow flag incident
- Player will no longer incur a penalty for fitting a new gearbox after a gearbox failure has resulted in retirement from the race
- Addressed an issue where Nvidia DLSS mode could not be changed in some circumstances
- Component changes now correctly take effect when using Quick Practice
- Addressed an issue where fuel mix could be locked on an out lap on certain tracks
- Driver of the Day selection criteria has been updated
- General stability improvements
- Various minor fixes