The post-release content support for Codemasters’ off-road racer, DIRT 5, continues apace with the new Wild Spirits Content Pack.
Available for PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S, the paid element of this DLC pack includes the all-new Ford Bronco, in 2-door Wild Track variety and the Prodrive Hunter.
Both are substantial vehicles with an off-road slant. The Bronco is one of the most hotly anticipated SUVs of a generation, rebooting a long-established nameplate, and will also be a cover star for the upcoming Forza Horizon 5.
The Prodrive Hunter was designed to take on the gruelling Dakar rally and is currently driven by Nani Roma and Sébastien Loeb in real-life events. The Bronco fits within the Pre Runner class, the Hunter in Cross Raid.
Alongside the two new vehicles is a dedicated career strand with 25 news events, two new sponsors in the form of Alpinestars and VP Racing Fuels plus five Trophies/Achievements to collect. It’s available as a separate pack for $12.49/£9.99/€11.49 or is included for no additional charge for Amplified/Year One Edition owners.
Update 6.00 also adds free content for all DIRT 5 players. Two new Moroccan Stampede tracks are now included, Ait Ojana and Tinghir. This follows two free Brazilian routes in Update 5.00, released in July.
In addition, the create-your-own event Playgrounds mode now includes the weather options of fog and sandstorm for added variety. Five more real-world vehicles liveries have been added, one apiece for the MINI Cooper SX1, Armada Engineering Unlimited Truck, Volkswagen Beetle Rallycross, Porsche Macan T1 Rally Raid and Renault Megane R.S RX.
The Beetle livery is Tanner Foust’s from the sadly ill-fated ARX series, while the Megane’s is Anton Marklund’s from the 2020 WorldRX season and the Mini’s is Oliver Bennett’s from the 2021 WorldRX season opener.
Finally, there are some minor game tweaks and fixes, which we’ve listed in the changelog below. Have fun!
DIRT 5 Update 6.00 changelog
- Wild Spirits Content Pack: Two new cars (Ford Bronco Wildtrak 2021, ProDrive Hunter), 25 new Career events, two new Player Sponsors, more liveries and additional customisation items. This pack is included in DIRT 5 Amplified/Year One Edition or purchasable separatelyTwo new Morocco Stampede circuits, Ait Ojana and Tinghir, with reverse variants
- Five additional iconic liveries
- Overhauled opponent driver AI to increase challenge and excitement all modes and scenarios
- New Rewards Multiplier tied to chosen vehicle rankings. Players will receive greater rewards for succeeding in events with lower-ranked cars within a vehicle class.
- Resolved instances of irregular object snapping in Playgrounds at Papoose Lake
- Resolved instances of missing ambient audio for multiple Playground arenas on objects
- Fixed environment bug allowing players on Greece events to fall out of the world
- Fixed instance of incorrect label for second place in Playgrounds Weekly Challenges
- Resolved issue causing players to be reset to track incorrectly on Brazil’s Rio Seafront, Turn 8
- Resolved rare instances of crashes during online play