Original Fire Games, the development team behind stylised top-down racing sim Circuit Superstars, released a small 37.82mb update to fix several minor issues yesterday (23rd September 2022). Fixes include several Time Trial mode problems, small typos and scaling issues, among others.
At the same time, the Italian development studio also released more information regarding the future of the game, including hints about which direction its next DLC will take and the possibility of implementing community-made mods in a future update.
In its September Community Update Original Fire Games (OFG) promised that the next DLC content for Circuit Superstars will “…in a very playful way, bring a whole new kind of experience to the game”.
This suggests a totally different course to previous DLC content, which tended to focus on ‘serious’ motorsport vehicles like Sprint Cars, Prototypes and Stock Cars. With dirt track racing newly-introduced in the Hot Ride Summer Update, could more off-road content be on the way?
The team also allayed fans’ fears over the Nintendo Switch version mooted for this year, stating intriguingly “The wait won’t be much longer”.
In terms of other future improvements the team is striving to improve the netcode of Circuit Superstars, with a full investigation into lag issues set to be complete and actioned before the end of the year.
As for modding, OFG is looking positively on introducing community-made content in future, but the plans for this are very much in an embryonic stage:
“We have heard your strong desire to be able to create content for Circuit Superstars. So we are beginning to investigate what modding can look like. This conversation is in early stages, but of course this is a community feature, so as soon as we have more thoughts and direction, we will share this to get your feedback.”
The latest hotfix for the PC version of Circuit Superstars is out now, with PlayStation and Xbox updates following next week.
What do you think of the proposed direction of Circuit Superstars? Would you like to see mods in future? Let us know in the comments below.
Circuit Superstars September hotfix changelog (out for PC now):
- Lost GP progress from before August 14 will be merged with your current GP progress.
- Return to TT UI after quitting TT should not break the UI anymore
- Game won’t transition back to TT when attempting to join a server from a reservation
- Rank icons should hopefully not break anymore
- Callstacks shown in error messages now have a lot of fluff removed
- Game no longer will ever run below 800×600 resolution
- Penalties are no longer accrued before starting a lap after restarting a lap in TT
- A couple typos and scaling issues were fixed in the explanation screens