The PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S versions of GT3 simulator Assetto Corsa Competizione have today (23rd March 2023) been given a free update, adding car liveries from the 2022 season of GT World Challenge (GTWC) racing to the title, as well as a host of small bug fixes.
The 3.8GB patch includes missing paint schemes from the 2022 GTWC Europe series, plus liveries from the Indianapolis 8 Hours and Spa 24-Hour Intercontinental GT Challenge events.
Dominant ACC driver James Baldwin should feature in the new update thanks to his appearance in a Garage 59 McLaren 720S GT3 during the Spa 24-Hours in 2022. The Brit failed to finish the race but made up for the disappointment by winning the on-site Fanatec Esports GT Pro Series.
The 2022 livery update is already available on PC, arriving back in November last year, with a future content update coming to the system on the 19th of April, featuring at least three GT3 cars (Ferrari 296 GT3, Lamborghini Huracán GT3 Evo2 and Porsche 911 GT3 R (992)).
A date for the console release of this update has yet to be announced.
As well as liveries, the v126.96.36.199 console update also fixes several minor issues with the game. The most significant for set-up gurus is the “Use Current Pressures” feature now working across both PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S versions. This saves players from manually changing tyre pressures in the pit menu to match the figures currently set.
Are you happy with the new ACC console update? Let us know in the comments below.
Image courtesy of Assetto Corsa Competizione
Assetto Corsa Competizione (Console) v188.8.131.52 Patch Notes
- Added 2022 Race Season Liveries
- Fixed an issue where in the hood camera view, the user can see through the windshield on all Lamborghini Huracan models at night.
- Fixed an issue where “open series” filter text for the 2022 series was missing.
- Fixed an issue with a missing series tag for all GTWC America Sprint entries.
- Fixed an issue where idle showroom fails to load in the Single Player menu.
- Fixed an issue where GT4 icon displayed in the series selector after selecting any 2022 car.
- Fixed an issue where incorrect car numbers displayed in Private Lobby menu.
- Fixed an issue where car models of users joining a server session are displayed as a static chassis before their time of joining in in-session replays of users who joined earlier.
- “Use Current Pressures” now added to Fuel and Strategy menu.
PS5 specific fixes
- Fixed an issue where the name of 2nd / 3rd driver changes during a race.
Xbox specific fixes
- Fixed an issue where there was a missing message when attempting to start event at Imola in 2022 championship without the 2020 DLC installed.
- Fixed an issue where the placeholder texture on windscreen banner of #74 EMA Motorsport Porsche.
- Fixed an issue where on Zolder, the advertising flags along the pitlane flicker back and forth from their original color to black during gameplay.