Upon reviewing WRC 10 recently, we really enjoyed the on-stage performance, road variety and selection of modes. But, there were some minor flaws we found to be irksome.
Chief of which was not being able to start with your own team in the Career mode – a big new feature for this year, no less – without full competing the Anniversary events. Yet, said events were a steep learning curve.
Now though, the latest patch reduces the difficulty of the historic events, by between 10 and 30 seconds in some cases, and also allows you to create your own team at any time. Result!
Various other small issues have been zapped, the Epic Stage of Rally Estonia (ES Kanepi) was interpreted as a Super Special Stage, a crash caused by switching camera in replay on some of the shakedown stages and when eight players were in a PS5 online lobby.
For PC players only there has been some steering wheel compatibility weirdness, but thankfully the force feedback for Fanatec and Thrustmaster products has been refined.
The patch is now live for those on PC and will be coming to PS4, PS5, Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S next week. KT Racing has clearly been listening to feedback, and hopefully, this encourages more players to dip back into WRC 10.
WRC 10 September 2021 patch changelog
PC Only Fixes
- Steering wheel issues
- Fixed an issue that would make players lost randomly the FFB of their Thrustmaster’s steering wheels if they paused the game.
- Fixed FFB on Fanatec steering wheels
- Fix on all Fanatec steering wheels with shift light
- Fixed Localisation for some steering wheel names
- Empty cursor tooltip shown on the press start screen
Fixes for All Platforms (PC+Consoles)
- Allowing Private Team access through WRC1 Category
- Fixed an issue with the Epic Stage of Rally Estonia (ES Kanepi) was interpreted as a SSS
- Fix issues when switching from a Manufacturer to a Private Team
- The difficulty of the Anniversary Events has been tweaked (required times have been increased from 10 to 30 seconds depending of the stages)
- Fix has been made on particules performances and spawn issues
- Switching camera in replay on some shakedowns
- Changing Tyres in Manufacturer Tryout
- Sound issue related to Fmod on PS4 and PS5 during long stages (i.e. El Puma/Chile) on PS4 and PS5
- Voice chat issues
- Fixed a crash when 8 players where in an Online Multiplayer issue (PlayStation 5 Only)
- Various polish & bug fixes
- Fix Clubs leaderboards display
- Fix the End User License Agreement (EULA) which could open at the wrong moment
- Update credits
- Fix on the Safe Area