The known high-end, Direct Drive wheel base company Simucube is expanding into steering wheel peripherals later this year. Just announced, the Simucube Tahko GT-21 Wireless Wheel is slated to release at the end of November.
The first officially branded Simucube wheel was made in conjunction with Finnish company Granite Devices. The GT-style wheel comes with Simucube Wheelside Quick Release, the connecting piece which makes wheels compatible with the Simucube 2 Wheel Base.
From the website, the new wheel will have the following features included:
- Two digital and adjustable magnetic paddles
- 7–way switch (4 directions, rotary encoder, middle button)
- Ten high-quality industrial-grade buttons
- Rotary encoder
- Wireless technology utilizing Simucube Wireless Wheel System
- 320 mm. lightweight CNC-Finished steel flat GT-Rim with durable Suede fabric finish
- Weight 2.1 kg
- Simucube Wheelside Quick Release Included in all official Simucube Wheels
- Precision milled aluminum
- Easy to swap battery that lasts for at least five years of active use
In particular, the release video focuses on a new, specific Simucube button that allows for steering parameter adjustments on the fly, even in the middle of a race.
The wheel isn’t cheap by any means, and that includes the price point. This wheel retails for €822.96 from the Simucube site directly. It will be available worldwide, but if you order from the site, it will only ship to European countries. If you are looking to purchase this wheel outside of Europe, you’ll need to go through one of their resellers or dealers.
There are other wheel rims already available for the Simucube 2 system from other trusted manufacturers if this GT-style rim isn’t what you’re into. Honestly, this looks great. I’m particularly fond of the brushed metal black and the metallic orange centerpiece on it. What do you think of this new wheel? Is it worth the price tag? Let us know in the comments below!