Redout 2 has some new DLC to enjoy as of 9th February, and it includes some new tracks, new music, and a new way to get some practice in on the fast-paced anti-grav racer.
The Winter Pack DLC launched on Thursday as the title’s second premium DLC pack. Inside, Redout 2 fans will find the Terror Rupes environment which contains four new and original tracks, three of which are considered base courses and the fourth being a boss track. These tracks are also reversible.
With this new Terror Rupes area, you’ll find the extreme conditions of Mercury prevalent. These areas promise “seriously dramatic temperature shifts” with running through Mercury’s glacial plains and canyons of lava.
The DLC will also include added fun in the form of 28 new career events, 29 bonus pieces of content such as liveries, colors and cosmetics, and for fans of Dance With the Dead, new music from them will also be included.
For all players of the game, regardless if you have the new DLC or not, Redout 2 now offers a new Training Mode to be able to practice all courses unlimitedly before jumping into an actual race. There are also some updates and fixes found in the rest of the patch, and those are listed below.
The Winter Pack DLC is part of the Season Pass for the title, together with the previous Summer Pack DLC, so it will be available immediately for Season Pass owners.
It is also available to own as a standalone purchase for $9.99/£8.99/€9.99 on PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One and PC via Steam and Epic.
Be sure to take a look at the patch notes below, courtesy of Saber Support. Also do note that in multiplayer lobbies, only the host will need to own this DLC for other players to enjoy.
REDOUT 2 PATCH NOTES FOR 9 FEB 2023
- Introducing “Terror Rupes”! This harsh environment switches heat for cold and back again without any notice.
- Introducing Training mode, an infinite Time Attack mode where you can test tracks, ships, and loadouts.
- The low health warning volume level is now adjustable in Settings.
- Changed requirements for unlocking some tutorial levels (they were unlocked earlier).
- Arcade ships the Asera, Behemot, Wallace, ESA, Sulha, and Lunare have received a buff, with Asera and Behemoth receiving a major one and Sulha and Lunare getting a minor one.
- Updated the hot and cold sections’ visual representation on screen.
- Changed behavior of inactive track segments. Now, they destroy the ship on contact.
- Slightly tweaked visuals of inactive tracks. Now they’re easier to recognize.
- Missing a landing while auto-healing or at full health now correctly destroys the ship.
- Caribbean Dam and Mount Fuji have been optimized for better performance.
- Fixed impossible to obtain a trophy in The Waterflow Dance tournament.
- Fixed soft locks in the garage while using the Group menu.
- The player can now cross the finish line while being the last in the Arena Race event.
- Fixed an endless sound raiser on Tropical Twister.
- Fixed an issue that potentially caused a soft lock on the Reward screen in the Career when pressing Tab.
- Fixed an issue that caused track progresses to be reset to 0% when missing the last jump in Mars Memorial – Orbiter.
- Fixed player list width being resized while reading up in the multiplayer match in Russian.
- Fixed first-person and chase cameras sometimes being stuck inside the ship.
- The countdown number no longer stays on the screen after a quick restart.
- Fixed an issue that caused the incorrect soundtrack name to be displayed when Streamer mode was enabled.
- Fixed old in-race notifications showing up after turning the Screen HUD on.