The console port of DRIFT21 from 505 Games, DRIFTCE, released back in May of 2023. Just more than a month later, there’s finally a post-launch patch available for the title on Xbox Series X, PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4.
Many wheel issues found at launch seem to have been fixed or improved upon. Other glitches and game-breaking issues have also been looked at and addressed in the patch.
This comes just less than a week after the PC via Steam version of the title, the original DRIFT21, also received a large update dubbed the Haruna Update. As for these console versions, the patch notes can be viewed below. DRIFTCE is available now for $29.99.
Drift CE (XSX, PS5, PS4) Post Launch Update (2023 June 28) Bug fixes and improvements:
- ‘Fanatec’ steering wheels input not working
- No force feedback support for ‘Logitech’ steering wheels
- Possibility to pick additional buttons: L2, R2 in ‘Controls options – Steering wheel – Alternative Handbrake’
- The user cannot scroll the list of servers in the Multiplayer window.
- General fixes in the painting and decal system of the car.
- Application soft-locks upon entering the multiplayer gameplay immediately after launching the application
- Application soft-locks upon entering the Garage/Decals gameplay immediately after launching the application
- The user is unable to select ‘Camera setup’ options after watching any replay in the ‘Pause’ menu.
- Navigation texts and In-game texts are corrupted throughout the game when the user selects ‘Reset all settings’ in the ‘Settings’ menu.
- Infinite loading animation is displayed for the client when the host quits the server and the client selects the host’s server in the ‘Servers List’.
- A white patch is displayed randomly on the car selection tile after entering Single player mode from the virtual garage.
- The car preview image appears to be pixelated on selecting the ‘Virtual Garage’ in Career mode.
- The car preview image on the ‘Select Car’ tile appears to be pixelated on the ‘Quick Race and Multiplayer’ screen.
- The player is unable to resize the decal horizontally by pressing Dpad left and right buttons in the paint booth.
- Selection highlighter is displayed incorrectly on the third car when the user moves the first car using the ‘RT’ button in the ‘Virtual garage’.
- The user is unable to navigate the color options of the car after the user cancels the purchase car pop-up in ‘Car shop’.
- The environment view appears to be blurred out during gameplay on switching the camera view to ‘Cockpit with driver’ for the Haruna track
- Incorrect text ‘Return to garage’ is displayed on the header of the confirmation window after selecting ‘Quit session’ in Single-player/Multiplayer mode gameplay
- The application fails to take input from the Steering wheel’s Directional buttons on dismissing the ‘Quit session’ confirmation pop-up
- OPTIONS and the Down button fail to function after invoking the pause menu on the ‘Well done!’ popup message, in career mode
- The user is unable to edit any ‘Decals’ after applying it for the first time in the ‘Decals’ menu
- And other minor bugs.
SOURCE: 505 Games