More new content has arrived for Wreckfest as its latest Tournament update has landed across PC, PlayStation and Xbox.
This month’s Tournament is entitled ‘Woodland Dash’, and while the game update is live, the next challenges start at 6 pm GMT/7 pm CET/2 pm EST/11 am PST.
Following on from the Wrecknado addition in February, these new events will see you take part at the existing Pinehills Raceway, across various new racing and slalom events. The slalom events will feature explosive barrels for some extra jeopardy.
There is also the addition of new layouts and routes for the scenic circuit too. The Rally Circuit and Rally Circuit Reverse are 2.24km in length and carry on a fine Wreckfest tradition – new tracks are free. This now means a total of six variants for this particular location.
You’ll be driving in a new modification of the Hammerhead, the Hammerhead RS. It takes the boxy Scandinavian estate styling of the original vehicle and adds motorsport-inspired wheels, splitter and ginormous rear wing.
News also comes via this update of a dedicated Xbox Series S upgrade. You’ll now be able to play at 4K and 60fps using the top-of-the-range console. Existing PS4 Pro and Xbox One X players have been able to play in 4K already, but at 30fps and the Xbox Series S also remains at the frame rate.
As for a future PS5 60fps update, Senior Game Designer at Bugbear Entertainment Ltd, Janne Suur-Näkki, stated on the official Bugbear forum:
“It does seem like a no-brainer to take advantage of the power of the PS5, and we feel like Wreckfest would benefit from it tremendously.”
We look forward to that soon. For now, all players can go enjoy inflicting damage on a family estate car in the latest Tournament update – we certainly will be! The full patch notes are below:
- New Pinehills Raceway routes: Rally Circuit and Rally Circuit Reverse.
- (Server admins note: the internal designations for the routes are mixed3_r3 and mixed3_r3_rev)
- New tournament season: Woodland Dash.
- New free tournament reward car: Hammerhead RS.
- (XB1) Tournament updates are now more reliable.
- (XB1) Added Xbox Series X/S detection: 60fps/4K on Series X, 30fps/4K on Series S.
- (XB1) Fixed a case in which the game crashed when entering a career series or in one of the preceding career screens.
- (XB1) Improved profile handling reliability.
- (XB1/PS4) Improved server performance under heavy loads and resilience to errors, added better error logging capabilities.
- (XB1) The client region is now automatically changed when receiving an invitation from another region.
- (XB1) The game no longer crashes when receiving an invite when matchmaking is already in progress.
- It’s no longer possible to accidentally start a “Last Man Standing” event with 0 opponents (causing the event to end immediately).
- Parented non-deforming panels now correctly follow translations, fixing an issue which made some visual parts drift away from the vehicle.
- In Custom Event and Server Options event selection, events are now sorted in alphabetical order.
- Venom and Gorbie AI Players now correctly appear in Class A Custom Events.
- Improved Gorbie Class B AI Player assembly.
- Improved Blade and Gorbie AI Player performance.
- Improved Blade performance to make it more competitive.
- Improved Little Thrasher suspension so that it no longer rolls over as easily.
- Added performance upgrades for Step Van.
- Added tuning parts for Step Van.
- Step Van can now withstand more damage.
- Improved Step Van visual damage.
- Improved WarDigger visual damage.
- Fixed glitches with Nexus RX “BB Racing” tournament bundle panels.
- Fixed Blade side headers glitch.
- Fixed Gorbie fender UVs and missing LOD3 fender.
- Fixed Gorbie LOD hood pivots and exhaust pipe mesh conflict with upright back pipes.
- Fixed a number of issues with Bullet LOD assets.
- Fixed Stepvan roof light damage.
- Fixed Blade spoiler clipping with upright back pipes.
- Fixed Rocket brake caliper clipping with “Wave” rims.
- Fixed Outlaw “Hurricane” tire glitch.
- Fixed Razor brake light glitch.
- Removed painted panels from the default Starbest SS paint.
- Improved Rebelrat brake lights.